fifty one.

1 month later.

Isabella's POV

My dad slowly pulls up outside of Natasha's house and puts the handbrake on before turning to me with an empathetic smile. "Go get 'em tiger." He says encouragingly.

After telling mom about what had happened between Natasha and I that day in the woods she'd advised me to share that with dad too, which at first I'll admit, I wasn't comfortable with. But he'd been nothing but supportive and if anything he'd been trying his hardest to help me fix the bridges that I'd burned and weirdly, his support was really helping.

I smile back at him and gaze up at Natasha's two story house. I hadn't stepped foot in there for months, nor had I spoken or seen Natasha in such a long time I'd almost forgotten how amazing our friendship had been before everything broke apart.

"Thanks, dad." I murmur. I wrap my arms gently around him and nuzzle into his chest. I'd been so hard on him lately and finally I'd started to open up to him a little bit more than I had before. "I'm going to head inside now, okay?"

"Okay honey. I'll see you at home later —"

I shake my head. "Wait outside for me."

I watched his eyes open wide and his lips grow into a smile. "Really?"

"Yeah." I say, grinning happily back at him. "I guess you can be my chauffeur for today."

I'd always begged for him and mom to let me walk around our lonely streets by myself and to let me grow at my own pace but today was different. I was different. I wanted him to feel like a father for once, I wanted him to feel like he could protect me in some way. This was my way of proving to him that I was trying to change my attitude and by the smile on his face I can only assume that he understands.

He chuckled and nodded. "Sure thing baby girl. I'll be here waiting for you."

I hopped out of the car and turned to look at him one last time, poking my head through the open passenger door window. "Hey dad?"

"Yeah baby?" He asks, his arm wresting around my passenger seat that I'd just been sat in.

"I love you." I say gently.

I hadn't said those three words to him in what felt like forever. How much had I lost myself since becoming a twelve year old? My attitude had completely changed and only in the last month or so I'd become aware of it. 

But I truly do love everyone in my family. They guide me in a way that nobody else can. I'll always be so grateful for each and every one of them. But... maybe I won't go as far as to admit that just yet. 

His eyes lit up once again and he smiled lovingly at me. "I love you too, Bella, always."

I nod my head slightly and smile once more before turning on my heel and heading down Natasha's driveway with my hands in the pockets of my ripped jeans. I let out a deep sigh when I realised that she was, in fact, home. Her bedroom was on the first floor whilst her older brother and foster parents slept upstairs. I'd been inside her room once or twice. It was pretty much a reflection of the person Natasha is. Messy, unique and all around random.

Her walls were plastered with broken fairy lights, graffiti, photographs and lyrics that meant a lot to her. We had laid side by side on her small single bed listening to her favourite songs whilst she told me stories of her past and what she remembered of her old family.

I knocked gently on their front door and prayed that nobody else in her household knew of our little bust up. Although Natasha isn't exactly a private person, I'm sure she hasn't tried to hide her feelings from anyone like I have.