forty eight.

Laura's POV

It's finally the day.

The official day of not only our pregnancy announcement to our whole, entire family but also the gender reveal of our twin babies which again, nobody except for me knows about. It stupidly felt like confidential information and I'd been so careful not to accidentally refer to our babies as his or her throughout the last week.

I couldn't let anyone know what our babies were going to be just yet. Considering it was going to be my last pregnancy I'd decided to go out with a bang by surprising the whole family with not only the news of my twin pregnancy but also the genders of those twins. I couldn't wait to see the looks on all of their faces, it was going to be priceless.

I gaze at myself happily in my long length mirror that I'd ironically taken from my mom and dad's house. Vanessa had given it to me to try on outfits when I'd first found out that I was pregnant with Isabella back in high school. Although, all of that felt like a million years ago now, even though it was only short of twelve years ago.

I cupped my now, very visible pregnant stomach in between the palms of both my hands and shed a happy yet nostalgic tear. I knew that this would most certainly be the very last time I ever get to carry one of mine and Ross' perfect creations in my stomach for a whole nine months and weirdly that was making me more upset than I'd originally thought it would.

"We've come such a long way little Miss Perfect A Grader." I say in amusement to my reflection. I brushed down my baby blue dress and released my dark brown hair from it's ponytail. A mass of waves fell down my shoulders and for a split second I actually felt like my old self again. The terrified sixteen year old version of myself who had been hiding so many secrets which consisted of self hatred, obsession to do well at school and of course, my teenage pregnancy.

The door to mine and Ross' bedroom swings open and in my reflection I watch as Ross strides freely into our bedroom with a smirk on his lips and one of our bathroom towels around his head.

Oh god. I think to myself as I begin to eye him cautiously up and down in the mirror. I really hope he hasn't done anything stupid to his hair... especially on our special day!

I frown curiously at him and turn on my heel to get a better view of him. "Have you shaved all your hair off or something?" I ask with a nervous chuckle, crossing my arms over my stomach.

Please say no, please say no.

"Hmm, not quite." He replies, that same smirk still plastered all over his face.

I breathed a grateful sigh of relief that my husband hadn't suddenly gone deranged whilst I'd be gone for less than five minutes before realising that I could use his little, 'guessing' game to my advantage.

"Ooh." I continue. I decided to feed into his little attempt of a joke, but little does he know that I am always one step in front of him when it comes to his little pranks. After all, we are more or less partners in crime after being married for so many years. I mean, who knows Ross Lynch better than he knows himself? His wife of course.

My eyes lock with the towel around Ross' head and I notice that it's a very unique shade of blue. Baby blue, to be exact. Is there a small chance that he could have done something crazy as dye his hair bright blue? He is a Lynch after all. They can be pretty wild sometimes when they want to be.