eighteen ♡ HALLOWEEN SPECIAL ♡

Laura's POV

"Bella! Bailey! Laur! Come on we've got to go!" A stressed Ross called out from downstairs.

We had a Halloween party at Rydel's place to attend and as usual we were running late. I'd spent half of the day trying to hand make costumes for both Isabella and Bailey and after what felt like a million different attempts I'd finally managed to make them both a costume that they weren't throwing down the staircase in anger.

Ross and I had decided to dress up in a couple's costume as Morticia Addams and Gomez Addams whilst Bailey and Isabella had settled on going as Wednesday and Pugsley.

Whilst the kids were getting ready I'd decided to take the spare ten minutes that I had left in my stride to head to the bathroom and take a pregnancy test.

I'd been feeling nauseous for the last few days and my stomach had been cramping more than ever. I hadn't missed my period yet so I suppose I could play it down to that but something was telling me to at least try.

I sat on the toilet seat in our cream coloured bathroom with an unused pregnancy test in my hand. My pants were around my ankles and my hands were trembling.

It was now or never.

"Laur come on!" Ross called again.

"Just a second!" I snapped back. I began to stressfully open up the clear blue pregnancy test. It was one of many that I had hidden in the bathroom. I took the cap off and desperately began to try and think of waterfalls, rivers — anything that would make me want to pee. "Come on!" I hissed.

"Laura!" Ross called out again, he sounded even more impatient this time.

I rolled my eyes. "I said just a second!"

Finally, after what felt like a million years of trying to use the toilet, I was successfully able to. I stuck the cap back onto the pregnancy test and anxiously placed it down on the counter beside the bathtub.

I knew deep down that I desperately wanted the test to come out as a positive. Ironically for the first time in my life, with the slight exception of Bailey of course, I was excited and eager to have a positive on my pregnancy test.

I was finally at a suitable age and a positive time in my life where having a baby was seen as 'socially acceptable' instead of something that should be frowned upon.

Frantically, I began to wash my hands, cautiously eyeing myself up and down in the small mirror in front of me. The lighting was harsh in our bathroom, it made my skin look freakishly pale and my eyes dark and swollen — or maybe I seriously did look like that, who knows.

Those brief few moments that I spent anticipating the result of my pregnancy test passed faster than I imagined it too.

The test bleeped, as if on cue from beside me and with a deep breath I knew that it was time for me to check it.

I reached over and scooped the pregnancy test up into my hands. I opened my eyes slowly and felt my heart sink into my stomach. Negative. It was negative. Tears began to prickle in my exhausted eyes and slowly they fell down my cheeks. "Oh." was all I managed to whimper as I threw the negative pregnancy test into the trashcan.