thirty two.

Laura's POV

"Pregnant!"

I swiftly turned on my heel and spotted an overly excited Cece with an exhausted Connor standing beside her. She was holding something in her hand and waving it frantically above her head, a huge smile growing on her lips.

"Wait what? Cece's pregnant?" Rocky questioned, darting his eyes back and forth between Trisha and Cece. He pointed to Connor and shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not dreaming right?"

Connor wrapped his arm around Cece's shoulder and guided her over to the three of us, rolling his eyes. "I'm afraid not, Rocky." He then smiled and glanced down at Cece who happened to be much shorter than him. "She couldn't wait to tell you guys. I've practically just woken up so excuse my yawns and heavy eyelids."

I could see how uncomfortable Trisha looked. She was still stood with her luggage in her hands and although neither Cece or Connor had said anything about our current situation I could tell that they were on the verge of doing so.

"Congratulations you two!" Rocky finally cheered after moments of standing in awkward silence. He threw his arms happily around the both of them, wrapping them up in one of his loving hugs. He stepped back and held his hands on either side of his hips. "Are you sure you two are ready for a commitment this big though?"

Connor smiled and brushed Cece's cheek with his finger tip. "At first I was terrified and honestly, I still am a little bit." He explained, gesturing to the now obvious pregnancy test in Cece's hands. "But I love Cece and it's almost the New Year. It's a time for new beginnings. I think I'm ready to become a father."

I glanced at Trisha who still hadn't said a single word, despite her best friend announcing her pregnancy just minutes before she was about to leave with her luggage in tow.

"I'm happy for you two." I said encouragingly, knowing that deep down there were now three pregnancies in our family which meant; three new babies come the New Year. "You're both in your twenties and you're financially stable. You should be nothing but excited about this new journey you'll embark on."

Cece beamed at me and held Connor's hand tightly in her own. "We're so excited, Laura." She then gratefully squeezed my hand and gazed happily at me. "Thank you for being so supportive. It means a lot to us."

"Always." I murmured, wrapping my arms around my waist. I somehow believed that although I was in my early stages of pregnancy Cece, Rocky or possibly even Connor would be able to tell that I was pregnant. I wasn't ready to reveal my news just yet, especially when a certain someone had yet to reveal theirs.

Cece's attention finally turned to Trisha and she frowned, a smile appearing on her pink coloured lips. "Trish?" She questioned, her eyes wide with confusion. "What are you doing? Are you leaving?"

Trisha bit her lip and ran her hand through her hair. "I — I don't know what I'm doing."

Cece gently grabbed her by the arm and guided her back down to our house. "Trish come on, let's go and have a chat."

Rocky and Connor stood beside me as the three of us watched Cece and Trisha stumble back into the house. "Women." Connor began, shaking his head. "I'll never understand them."

I snapped my head in his direction. Oh yeah, my pregnancy hormones are definitely kicking in. "Men." I started, a smirk growing across my lips. "I'll never understand them either." And with that, I turned on my heel and beckoned them to follow me to the house. "You two don't need to worry though, you're just boys, I understand you more than you know."