forty three.

Ross' POV

Twins.

In less than six months time, my wife, the love of my life, the woman who had sacrificed so much of her life away just to stand by my side, was going to give me not only one incredible gift but two incredible gifts -- our twin babies.

Our original family of four which had consisted of myself, Laura, Isabella and Bailey was going to become a family of six and oddly I couldn't be happier about it if I tried.

Becoming a father had never been apart of my goals and ambitions in life. I'd always wanted to play as the quarterback for my high school team, then I wanted to go off and tour the world with my siblings in our band. My heart was never set on marriage, kids or even sharing a home with someone other than my friends but somehow, I had completely changed.

I wanted to thank the Lord, or fate, or even destiny, for giving Laura to me. I wasn't usually a religious man or a believer in other worldly things like that but who else could I turn to and thank for allowing me to share my life with such an amazing human being other than the world itself for finally being kind to me.

The moment Isabella was born and delivered into this world happened to be one of my favourite moments that I'd ever experienced in my life. I never thought that I'd become a father, especially at the ripe old age of seventeen but I didn't care. I was a father to a beautiful, healthy and happy baby girl who I now get to watch and admire as she grows up and follows her dreams and pursues whatever her heart desires.

Marrying Laura, the love of my life, my soulmate, would be the second best thing that I'd ever experienced during my life.

Watching the person you love more than anything walk down the aisle towards you and knowing that they're about to become yours forever is a feeling that I can't even begin to describe. It's one of those experiences that you have to witness first hand for yourself before you can even begin to understand how breathtaking and overwhelming that can be.

And of course finally, the last favourite moment of mine was Bailey's birth. My first ever son. I had never been more overjoyed and excited over the fact that Laura, Isabella and I's small family of three was about to become a family of four.

Laura finally let me use the name Bailey after I'd suggested it whilst she was pregnant with Isabella as a unisex name and I couldn't have been happier with my decision.

Bailey was a lot like Laura in many different ways, but also a lot like me. From a physical standpoint you'd know that Bailey was Laura's son instantly but from a mental standpoint it was very clear that he was mine too.

We both share the same love for music and sport which happened to be key interests of mine during high school and even now in my adult life. I could only hope and pray that Bailey will actually put his interests to good use and carry those with him throughout his life. He and Isabella deserved all of the success and happiness in this world. Laura and I hadn't brought our children into this world at a young age for nothing after all.

"Hey honey?" Laura's uncertain voice pierced into my thoughts and instantly I was brought back down into reality.

My hands were fixated firmly on the steering wheel and we had stopped at a red light.

I turned to look at her, still feeling trapped in a daze and she smiled and laughed in confusion at me. "Are you okay? You've been quiet for the last five minutes. I was beginning to think someone had cast a spell on you that had taken away your ability to speak."