Chapter 25: Nothing

Chapter 26: Nothing Paedophilic About It

Iily POV

“Dad can I have friends over this weekend?” Carmen asked Dad, leaning over the couch with her arms around him. “Please?”

“Who?” he asked, looking at her out of the corner of his green eyes.

“Just Lena, Kayla , Matt and Liam ,” she continued in an innocent tone.

“I suppose it’ll be alright. Are they sleeping over?”

“Yes,” she said, looking relieved.

“Not the boys,” he said quickly, “Boys have to leave.”

“That’s fine,” she pecked his cheek happily, “Thanks Dad,” and with that cheer, she ran up the stairs to her room.

I looked at Dad curiously and he shrugged. “What? Do you want something too?”

“Nope,” I stood up and followed Carmen to her room, deciding to figure out the why behind the sudden sleepover plans. I knocked on her door, “carmen?”

There was a shuffle, and a few whispers before she called, “Come in.”

I frowned and went in, looking around her room. “Are you hiding somebody up here or something?”

“No, I was just on the phone,” she waved her cell phone pointedly. “Did you want something?”

“Um…yeah. Was there a reason for the slumber party?” I sat down on her desk chair and studied her carefully. She seemed relaxed enough as she lounged on her bed, the sheets a complete mess as if she’d tossed and turned all night.

“I figured everyone needed a break,” she replied, “Everyone seems stressed about one thing or another so one weekend to relax and have fun seemed like a good idea.”

I scrutinized her. “I can’t tell if that’s a shot at me or not.”

She grinned hugely. “It is; I was just trying to be subtle.”

“Oh yeah, very subtle,” I rolled my eyes at her, “So what’s on the agenda for this little get together?”

“I don’t know. Doing anything we feel like doing really; watching movies, playing games…anything,” she replied, sitting up and grabbing her pillow before she grinned wickedly at me, “Another opportunity for you to flirt with Matt.”

I felt my cheeks grow hot. “Carmen!!”

“What?” she asked innocently, “I’m just saying; every time you two are in the same room there’s always some major flirting.”

“Shut up,” I mumbled, “You flirt with Carmen all the time.”