Chapter 22: Paranoid

Hey Guys :) Guess whos back this chick SWERVE! Anyway Enjoy And if you haven't yet check out MY NEW BOOK 'MAGCON IMAGINES'

________________________________________

Chapter 22: Paranoid

Lilys Point Of View

“You know Matt, you don’t have to walk me home,” I told him, halfway to home already. “I’m perfectly fine to walk alone.”

“Yes I do. It’s dangerous; you never know what’s out here,” his eyes scanned the dark street, face grim.

“Oh come on, it’s freezing. Who in their right mind would be outside at this hour?” I rolled my eyes, “Besides I can take care of myself.”

“Can you really?” he asked doubtfully.

“Of course I can.” I insisted.

“I don’t believe you. Besides, I’m not taking that chance; Carmen would have my head if anything happened to you,” he looped his arm through mine, “So you’re stuck with me while she’s off with Austin.”

I looked at him sharply. “Why don’t you like him? He’s a pretty nice guy.”

Matt stayed quiet for a moment. “I don’t…he’s not my favourite person in the world but I don’t hate him. I just don’t like him either. I don’t really feel anything about the guy.”

“You seemed a little tense when they were leaving. Liam looked mad too,” I pointed out, “So what’s up with that?”

“There are issues between our groups. Liam doesn’t trust Austin around your sister; he doesn’t think he’s a good guy,” he said slowly.

“Why not? What did he do?” I prodded. “And can you stop dodging the question?”

Matt let out an exasperated sigh. “Look, we had our issues. A lot has happened over the past few months; we don’t have much reason to hate them but we are not going to be their best friends either.”

“But what did Austin do to make Liam not trust him?”

"Lily I can’t tell you. I wish I could, because damn it it’d be nice to talk to someone who isn’t involved, but I can’t. I don’t have a choice.” He shot me a pleading look, “Please stop asking me.”

“Sorry,” I mumbled.

The rest of the walk was silent and awkward, and I was kicking myself for asking him questions about things I knew he couldn’t tell me.

But it certainly wasn’t silent when I got home.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I hissed, letting go of Matt’s arm. Joe was sitting on my porch steps, clearly waiting.