Chapter 19: Kayla

Chappy 19!!!

-Carmen Silvers POV-

“No! Snow!” Liam wailed as we pulled into the school parking lot Sunday morning, early. The trip back had been calm; everyone chatting about their trip to their friends and laughing about the things that happened. Rea ignored me thankfully all the way home and the movies we watched also did not involve any horribly inaccurate vampires or werewolves. I didn’t have to worry about Austin as much either; he had made sure to go hunting beforehand and at one of our pit stops there had been a bunny when he had been getting a little restless so he lasted the trip without incident.

Mrs. Stern and Mr. Umbridge however, that was a different story. They were constantly shooting each other little looks and smiles and Mrs. Stern was being unbelievably nice to everyone.

“Well just because it’s almost spring doesn’t mean the snow is going to be completely gone,” I reminded him, pulling a hat on over my messy hair and pulling a thick sweater on.

“Still! I think there’s more snow on the ground now then there was before!” he whined, putting on his own hat with two dangling puff balls on the ends of ropes hanging on either side of his jaw.

“So it snowed. It’s the usual here,” Matt shrugged, “Get used to it.”

“Man this sucks. I got a rockin’ tan to have to hide under coats and pants and long sleeved shirts,” Lena grumbled as we all got up and started filing off the bus.

“Poor baby. Just wear lots of white tomorrow and for the next week,” I chuckled, hopping down the bus steps while Mrs. Stern checked our names off the attendance list.

I looked around the parking lot, seeing the dozens of cars and family members milling about to pick up their kids. It was funny seeing a bunch of teens running to their dad’s and mom’s as if they hadn’t seen each other in a year instead of a week.

“Carmen! Have you found Dad?” Lily called, bounding up to me, teeth chattering.

“Cold much?” Matt laughed at her.

She glared at him, “Shush. I’m not used to the cold. I miss the sunshine.”

I looked up at the grey sky and the small flakes of snow falling softly. This definitely was a shock after a week of pure humidity and sunshine.

“Nah I haven’t found him yet,” I frowned, scanning slowly for our old red car. But it was nowhere in sight. “Maybe he’s late.”

“Well if he doesn’t show up you can come home with me or we can drop you off,” Matt suggested, wrapping his arms around a shivering Ivy, rubbing her arms to keep her arm. I shot him a smirk and he flushed and looked away while Ivy just blushed and smiled dorkishly.

“Hey love birds,” Lena grinned wickedly at Matt and Ivy, “I’m sure you can get warmed up another way…”

“Lena!” Matt exclaimed, green eyes wide.

I burst out laughing and high-fived Lena and Liam did the same while Matt and Lily looked thoroughly embarrassed.

“Matthew!” someone shouted. We all turned to look to see Matt’s mom rushing at us. I’d met Matt’s mom on occasion; she was short and slightly round, with a heart shaped face and a warm smile. She had the same green eyes and light brown hair as Matt but the resemblance stopped there.

“Matthew?” Lily questioned, giggling. Matt grinned sheepishly as his mom hugged him tightly. Matt was a momma’s boy, through and through.

“Oh! Who’s this?” Ginny, his mother, asked with her wide green eyes on Lily.