Chapter 16 part 2: Deal

Chapter 16, part 2: Deal

- Carmen Silvers Point Of View-

Fortunately it was slightly cooler than our Universal adventure and there was a nice breeze. Plus if you get too hot you can just dunk yourself in the ocean and come back. And even though it was very cloudy it was still a beautiful day because the sun came out every once in a while.

I was surprised to see Austin and his Coven outside, more so seeing Austin after his last sunny incident.

“I know, this sucks,” Lena sighed, pushing her sunglasses up onto her head when the sun disappeared behind a big cloud.

I didn’t bother; the sun came back out a few seconds later.

“I haven’t even met some hot Floridian boy,” she pouted.

“You met that waiter,” I pointed out. “And did you give up on Javier?”

“Nah. The waiter is different; he was cute and funny but I want a guy on the beach because then he’s topless and we can have fun now. With the waiter I’d have to wait for a night we’re both free to go on a date. It’s impossibly to sneak out with Mrs. Stern watching everyone like a vulture.” She made a face.

I rolled my eyes, “You’re so ridiculous. You can have fun now on the beach? Have you forgotten everyone is in school or working? We’re the ones on spring break not them.”

“Don’t remind me,” she groaned, “I’m seriously boy deprived.”

I spotted Alex and Austin heading to the water talking and saw Austin wince a bit when the sun landed on him.

“But clearly you’re not.” Lena remarked, following the direction I was looking in. “Seems you’ve got your eye on your hot vampire.”

“Do not,” I protested.

She snorted, “Uh yeah. You do. Just admit you have a little crush on him.”

I pursed my lips, deliberating whether I should or not. “Okay…” I said slowly, “I do have a tiny crush on him.

“I knew it! Man when Kayla Saw  you guys going out to dinner…I just knew it!” she cried victoriously.

I gaped, “Kayla told you?! Oh my God. Did she tell the guys too?” I asked worriedly.

“Doubt it. I think she just wanted to tell someone since well…it’s big news,” Lena assured me, “But I doubt they know. If they did you’d know about it by now. So tell me about your crush! Do you want to date him? Do you think he likes you? Psh of course he likes you,” she answered herself, “But do you want to date him?”

“I’m not doing a thing,” I said firmly.

“Excuse me? Do my ears deceive me or did you just say you weren’t doing anything about this?” she sputtered, sitting up and facing me in complete shock.

“You heard right,” I shrugged, still watching Alex and Austin.

“But clearly you didn’t. I asked do you want to date him not if you were going to,” she pointed out.

I paused, chewing my lips. “I…maybe.”

“Ooh Carmen’s got herself a hot vampire,” she elbowed my side, grinning at me.

“Please don’t mention it to anyone else. If they hear about this it’ll be the end of me; at school with all those stupid rumours and because Matt and Liam will either kill me or Austin or both.” I pleaded.

“Fine, fine, fine. I won’t say a word. But you should really tell him; he’s always giving you these looks and helping you out…I’d say he likes you. Plus that kiss you guys had…” she sat back in her chair while we watched them.