Chapter 6: Not Ready For Something Like That

Chapter 6

Ahh Long time no update ♡ Missed u guys anyway here u go!

□□□□■■■■□□□□■■■■□□□□■■■■□□□□■■■

Carmen Silvers Point Of View

Man, I wish I was human just so I could laugh. Austin was once again failing epically at hunting and I figured it was time I stepped in for a demonstration.

I stood and shook snow off my fur and Austin shook his head at me, “How the hell do you do this? My aim sucks,” he said, making a face.

I ambled towards him and butted his stomach with my nose, giving him a wolfish grin since it was the only kind I could manage.

“I love how you enjoy my pain,” he rolled his eyes, arms folded over his chest.

I chuffed once, rolled my eyes and started walking into the forest with him walking beside me. I kept my head low to the ground, trying to pick up a fresh scent. After a few minutes of walking slightly apart Austin said he found a deer trail. We both took off after it, neck and neck until the trail got stronger and I veered off of it to the left. Austin followed suit, slowing down so he was slightly behind me, following my lead.

I slowed to a halt, nose in the air as my ears swivelled. I heard a branch crack and I dropped low to the ground, advancing forward slowly while Austin did the same. I saw a big buck eating at some grass it had unburied from the snow. I sniffed to see if there were any other animals but there were none. My tail flicked out restlessly and I wanted to lunge at the deer, but we weren’t here for me we were here for Austin. I looked at Austin before looking at the deer.

He frowned and I did it again. Understanding landed on his face but he hesitated a moment. I butted his shoulder with my muzzle, encouraging him silently. He nodded after a moment before he crept around to get closer to the deer while I hunkered down deeper so the buck wouldn’t see me and bolt.

The only part of me that was moving was my eyes, following Austin’s path in the darkness of the trees. The forest was deathly silent, except for the sound of the deer snuffling and tearing at the grass.

I saw Austin crouching lower for a moment before he leapt from the bushes, coming from behind the deer but slightly off to the side of it so it wouldn’t see him coming. Before the buck could even react Austin knocked it to the ground. It thrashed wildly, hooves narrowly missing Austin’s head.

I stayed for a moment, feeling worried until he had the deer restrained and looked up at me, a pleading look on his face. I swallowed hard before I got up and loped off, giving him privacy. That was our deal. I helped him to hunt but if he caught something I was to leave. He didn’t want me to see him like that. I tried to tell him it didn’t bother me but he wouldn’t listen. So I gave up and just decided to do as he asked.

While I waited for him I ran around the forest, trying to build up on my strength and stamina so I can run better and be stronger so when my Pack mates join me I’ll be ready to fight them. Ugh.

After a while I got bored so I headed back to the clearing and Changed back before I got re-dressed and tried to find Austin, figuring he should be done by now. He was. He met me about halfway to where he had caught the deer and when he found me he hugged me tightly. I could almost feel the guilt radiating off of him so I hugged him back before he scooped me up and brought us home.

Since it was Friday night, it seemed everyone was going out. Lena had a date, Matt was going out with his parents since his older sister was visiting from University, Kayla had her family coming over as well and Liam also had a date. Lily was going out to the movie with friends and my Dad was going out with some of his work buddies. Which meant Austin and I were home alone tonight.