Chapter Nineteen *Edited*

"You look stunning, as always" Jason compliments with a grin as he kisses Angelica's soft lips, a smile remaining on his face as he pulls back. Angelica smiles softly as her eyes glance around Neptunes for her father, she hadn't seen him since they had a drink at the bar. She had thought over his words carefully, she knew he was right. It didn't make the decision easier for her but it did help to know that she had support from him. She wanted to feel his presence when she broke things off with Jason, she needed that support in the room right now.

With a sigh, she takes a hold of Jason's hand and leads him to the end of the bar. "Jason, we need to talk" her voice softens as she meets his icy blue eyes.

"Oh, that sounds negative." he grins attempting to lighten the mood. Guilt fills her mending heart; she didn't want to hurt him. She felt complete sympathy for him right now because he had been nothing but good to her from the start.

"Your amazing and I love spending time with you bu-" her voice cuts off as her eyes fall on her father and the figure beside him. His appearance hadn't changed, his hair was still slicked back in its usual style. His black shirt and trousers were finished off with a leather jacket and his duffel bag.

Her heart was leaping out of her chest as she meets his beautiful eyes, a smile gracing both their faces. Leslie grins between the two, finally seeing the spark in his daughters smile once again. "Mateo" her voice is barely a whisper but Jason catches it.

"Mateo? Wait, is this the same Mateo from the letter?"

He glances between his girlfriend and the man at the other end of the bar approaching with Leslie. He could see the look that Angelica and this Mateo were giving one another and that alone made his blood boil and his Jealousy come to the surface.

Everything slows around Angelica, as her gaze remains on the man that approaches her shaky figure. She couldn't believe he was here after all these months; he still made her heart skip and her palms sweat. His smile alone made her weak at the knees, he had lit the flame in her heart that had long been distinguished.

"Hello, Angelica" his voice is soft but filled with excitement as he smiles at her. Jason frowns at the sight of Angelica's widening smile. She steps forward and embraces Mateo tightly, "I've missed you" her voice falters as tears threaten to spill, all her feelings that she had tried to bury these last few months were trying desperately to surface. He pulls back, "your still so beautiful" his eyes meet hers, sucking her complete attention to the warmth that surrounded her around him.

"Hey mate, I'm Jason, Angelica's boyfriend" Jason grins as he reaches a hand out for Mateo to shake. Mateo feels his heart drop as the man grins cockily at him, had he heard him, right? Was he really Angelica's boyfriend? The guilty expression that falls on her face is enough to confirm this for him, his smile falters as he glances to the hand outstretched to him.

"I must go" he whispers as he turns and walks out of the restaurant.

He felt embarrassed, humiliated for walking in with the hope that she had waited for him, that they would come together once more like nothing had happened. Now he was left with a scorned heart and a complete feeling of loss. He had told her in his letter that he was in love with her, what had she said? Did she even feel the same? Had if put her off him completely? All these questions consume his brain all at once making him seat himself with a thud on the bench outside, his head falling in his hands as he allows his feelings to take over his body.

"Mateo?" her voice is soft and timid, regret lining every word. "I'm so sorry, please talk to me" her tears threaten to spill once more as she stands in front of him. Her heart swells with sadness and guilt as she watches the broken man before her, she had never seen him like this. He looks lost; his eyes are filled with deep sadness as he stares back at her.

"Do you love him?" her heart breaks at the sound of his voice, it is harsh but weak.

She feels Mateo stand and take a hold of her hand; he stands inches in front of her as his eyes stare deeply into her own. She searches his eyes for the warm, safe feeling he always had filled her with and find it. His love for her was profound, she had always thought love took time to feel for someone and yet here she stood only a short year after meeting him and she was completely and irrevocably in love with him.

Her mouth opens to speak only for Jason to appear, "what's going on here?!" his eyes fall on the two, stood in close proximity, close enough to kiss.

Angelica frowns feeling his anger bubbling "Jason, nothing happened. We were just talking, something we need to do. Right now." her voice is confident for the first time today.

Jason scoffs with a glare "let me guess. You want to break up because he is back?" he gestures to Mateo.

Angelica frowns feeling her own frustration surface, "You don't have to make me sound like a bitch. I was going to talk with you in Neptunes, which we were in the process of before Mateo walked in" she glances to Mateo before glancing back to Jason who still wears a glare. "I'm sorry that this is how I have to do this but it wouldn't be fair to you if I continued to be part of a relationship, I'm not completely fulfilled in. So yes, I'm breaking up with you" she smiles apologetically to him earning a deeper glare.

"You'll regret this, every girl wants me and you just lost the privilege that is dating me. Don't come crawling back when his old ass can't keep up with your needs and wants", he spits the words at her before turning and stomping back into the restaurant.

"Are you okay?" Mateo frowns as Angelica turns to him, wearing a guilt-ridden expression. She nods with a sigh, "I suppose I deserved that" his hand cups her face as he smiles.

"No, my Angelica deserves the best."

Angelica smiles widely as she embraces him softly, "I love you, Mateo" her smile can be heard in her voice as she rests her head against his chest.

A smile fills his face, "I love you too" he grins down at her before pulling her in for a deep kiss.

Finally, they were back. Her Mateo, and his Angelica.