Chapter One *Edited*

"What time was she supposed to be here again?"

Leslie checks her pink watch "supposed to be here 45 minutes ago man."

Kenneth groans loudly "well I'm telling you if she isn't here in the next ten minutes then I'm going to nip to the shop and get me a drink, I'm spitting feathers." Liam rolls his eyes "you just had a cocktail Kenneth."

The coach finally pulls up outside the Solana before Kenneth can respond, a beautiful woman with chocolate brown hair steps off with a bright smile. "Angelica, sweetheart" Leslie smiles opening his arms to embrace her, she wraps her arms around him tightly and releases a content sigh; she had missed him. "Hey dad, you look beautiful."

"Thanks, pet."

Kenneth's sudden laugh pulls their attention to him as the young woman's face scrunches up in confusion "t-there is no way she is r-related to you two!"

"what's that supposed to mean?" Liam exclaims causing Angelica to giggle, "it means give me a hug and then let's go get a drink!" Angelica's voice is soft but happy as she embraces Liam and introduces herself to Kenneth.

"You are beyond stunning which means there is absolutely no way that your related to these two. Seriously were you adopted?" he gestures to Leslie and Liam who shoot him a confused glance before shaking their heads. "I don't know whether that's a compliment or an insult but I'm going to say thanks anyway" she smiles.

Leslie and Liam lead Angelica to the bar for a drink whilst Kenneth disappears elsewhere, as Angelica seats herself at the bar she takes in the surroundings noticing the dramatic atmosphere as an older lady argues with a dark-haired man behind the bar. Looking to her brother and father she takes notice of that casual behaviour indicating that this was a regular occurrence. "Excuse me? we would like to be served" her voice is confident as the elder woman looks to her, a smile appearing on her face.

"Ah yes, Leslie am I right in assuming that this is your lovely daughter?" Leslie nods with a smile as Angelica looks over the man behind the bar, he looks up meeting her gaze causing her to focus her attention back to the woman. "Hi, miss?"

"Joyce Temple-Savage but please call me Joyce" her smile holds exhaustion and kindness allowing Angelica to come to the conclusion that she was indeed the Solana manager.

With a bright smile she introduces herself "I'm Angelica, its lovely to meet you Joyce" Leslie turns to Joyce to discuss work matters as Liam turns to the man behind the bar.

"Three cocktails please, Mateo."

"She is your sister?" he gestures to Angelica who nods.

"Yes, I am his sister. Why?"

He chuckles "you look nothing alike; he is goofy and you are very sexy."

Angelica rolls her eyes as he leans in seductively with a cocky smirk, she could see he was popular with the ladies and had clearly never really been rejected, till now. "I appreciate the compliment, but can we have our drinks, please" she smiles politely before turning to Liam.

"How about I show you all the sights of Benidorm later tonight, might even give you a -how do you say- a sexy surprise?"

She sighs, he was attractive she couldn't deny that and as charming as his Spanish accent was, it wouldn't persuade her to become another number on his list of one-night stands; that wasn't the kind of girl she was. She wasn't looking for a man in her life right now and definitely not a sleazy barman.

"Look Mateo is it?" he nods "well, Mateo, I am flattered but I'm also not interested. I'm not looking for a one-night stand nor a relationship right now. So, please point your sexual interests elsewhere and leave me be" Liam grins at his sister's words as Leslie laughs beside her.

"That a girl"

Mateo simply grumbles; clearly unhappy about her rejection and clearly not expecting it. "So, Liam, what's it like working in the Salon with Kenneth? He seems fun to work with" he smiles.

"Yeah, it's fun but Kenneth isn't what I would call a hard worker" she nods in understanding. "Well, if you need any help, I could help till I find a job" she offers.

Leslie's face brightens up "hey, why don't you work in the salon? I'm sure Kenneth would be happy to hire you, right pet?" Liam nods excitedly as Kenneth approaches behind her.

"Kenneth?"

Angelica glances to Kenneth who simply scrunches his face up "ugh, Liam, shut it. I feel like Britney when she had her meltdown. I need someone to come work in the salon for the same wage you're on so that I can manage my work without you moaning at me."

Angelica grins "I'm here if you want me."

Kenneth looks up with a deep scowl "yeah you'll do, at least now I can drink into the night without having to send Liam out to find someone".

*****

After settling into her new apartment Angelica finds herself back at the Solana, she wanders for a while till she hears the commotion of singing and chattering within Neptunes bar, naturally she wanted to see what all the commotion was and entered. She smiles and observes the place. Naturally, she caught the attention of many young men, they stare after her hungrily as she seats herself at the bar; oblivious to their gazes.

She sits at the bar silently watching people sing and dance on stage, it was rather amusing, it reminded her of home; of Darren. She shakes the thought from her head and sighs sadly. "What you want to drink?" his Spanish accent assists her in recognising the man before her, "a beer please."

He nods and fetches her one "why you so sad?" she smiles sadly.

"It's nothing, just homesick I guess." she shrugs and sips her beer. She then returns her gaze to her father who now sat on stage as Leslie singing.

"He's good" she nods with a smile as her gaze stays on Leslie.

"Yeah, he used to sing me to sleep when I was little, I've always loved his voice." she hears Mateo walk around the bar. She looks up at him as he stands with a hand outstretched to her.

"If you won't let me show you the sights of Benidorm, can I at least dance with you?" she smiles, leaning in. "Aren't you working?" he shakes his head with a smile.

"I am on my break" she grins and slips her hand into his, allowing him to lead her to the dance floor.

He places her arms around his neck as he lets his rest on her hips. "You are very beautiful; many men have noticed this yet you seem uninterested" she closes her eyes and sways to the soft music. "Like I said, I'm not here for a one-night stand or a relationship, I'm simply here to make a life for myself." She opens her eyes meeting his brown ones.

"you sure you don't want to make an exception for me?" he winks with a seductive smirk as he sways his hips with hers making sure to press against her seductively.

She shakes her head "goodnight, Mateo." she whispers. She heads for the exit and allows a smile to rest on her features "maybe Benidorm will have its perks about it."