Chapter Nine *Edited*

Her feet felt like boulders, too heavy to lift. Each step hurt her physically, her mind racing with possible escape routes. She knew that as much as she wanted to, she could never flee, she couldn't take the risk. Darren had inevitably won this game; he was taking her to the UK with him.

"We need to get through! My daughter is boarding! It will only take five minutes. For God sake man!" Leslie's voice is desperate as he argues with the security officer, he knew there was no time to waste, she needed him.

Liam's eyes scan the crowd of people that scatter around the airport, they weren't far from her flight gate. His eyes fall on a man, he has a strong build and a sadistic grin on his face. His eyes then find their way to the broken expression on his sisters face as she struggles with the man. The grip the man held on his sisters' arm would leave an awful mark, his sister had never looked so heartbroken.

"Dad! There!" Liam points to Angelicas figure amongst the vast crowds of people, she was in a line, waiting for her turn to board the plane. Leslie's eyes find her, his heart breaking at the Angelica he is met with, she didn't resemble the happy daughter he had raised.

"Angel!"

Angelica turns at the use of her nickname, her heart skips a beat in hope, there her father stood with Liam, Mateo and Kenneth. They had found her. She attempts to take a step only for Darren to pull her back, his gaze fixates on her "don't." he orders her coldly as his grip tightens even more. Angelica sighs as she glances back at her father, mouthing a sad "I'm sorry" then turning back to board the plane.

Mateo shakes his head, he wasn't going to let this bastardo do this to his Angelica, she belonged here in Benidorm with them. He slides under the barrier, before running towards the couple. "Get off her!" his voice is strong as he glares at Darren. Darren simply chuckles as he turns to Mateo, "you really think she would choose you if she could, your nothing but a sleazy barman." Angelica frowns as Mateo meets her gaze, Darren's words cut through him like a knife.

Angelica knew that she couldn't let Mateo get hurt, he was her friend, he was the reason for most of her happiness these last few days. A sad, fake smile appears on her face as she pats Darren's hand on her arm, "Darren, we can go together. Let me just say goodbye. If you truly love me then you will let me say a proper goodbye."

Darren meets her eyes, clearly having an inner battle over what to do. A sigh leaves his chapped lips "okay." his grip reluctantly loosens and he steps back, allowing her to say goodbye to Mateo. Mateo becomes confused as to why Angelica was so willing to leave with Darren, she was clearly scared of him. She had seemed so determined to not let him take her anywhere with him and yet here she stood willingly agreeing to go with him.

Angelina's smile grows sadder as she steps in front of Mateo, her eyes meet his as a tear slips down her cheek. "I need you to let me go," her voice cracks as her gaze flickers to Leslie's and Liam's faces, each one full of concern and pain. Mateo shakes his head, opening his mouth to speak only for Angelica to cover his mouth with her finger.

"shh. Mateo, you will find someone who cares for you as deeply as you care for me. I have to go, not for myself but for all of you. You need to be protected, and I will sacrifice what I have to in order to do that." She placed a hand on his cheek, stroking it softly. "I really did like you Mateo, and I still do but this thing between us, whatever it is, has to be over now. I will miss you."

She takes a step back, wiping her tears away and plastering on a smile, "I would have chosen you, if the opportunity to go on a date with you had have arisen, then I would have said yes and chose you." she admits. Mateo allows a single tear to fall as he watches the woman that he had grown to care for over the past few days step back, her pain was evident as she blew a kiss to her family.

Mateo grabs her hand as she turns to leave, pulling her in for a kiss, his lips are soft as she kisses him back. Angelica is suddenly pulled away viciously as Darren growls. "You always were a slag!"

The echoed sound of his palm coming into violent contact with her cheek rang out throughout the airport, the gasps of on lookers following. Leslie's temper flares as his daughter falls back in pain and shock, "I'm going to kill you!" he struggles with the security officer as he radios for the police to be called.

Mateo's glare darkens as he swings a punch at Darren's face, all his strength and hatred towards the man before him being implemented into this one punch. Darren's head flies back as he crumples to the floor in pain, blood pouring from the open wound on his nose, clearly his nose was broken and his lip was busted. Mateo shakes his hand in pain as Kenneth mutters "damn that was hot" Liam and Leslie smirk at Darren's form on the floor, his hand clutching his broken nose as he cries out in agony.

Mateo spits "bastardo!" at him before hurrying to Angelica, her cheek is red, as a bruise already begins to form as she stands. Her eyes lock on Darren in shock before turning to Mateo, he had protected her.

"Angel!" Leslie envelopes his daughter tightly as the police pull Darren to his feet and handcuff him. Angelica sobs softly, more in relief than pain, Liam joins the hug as he sobs silently also. Kenneth grins at Mateo "you're like a knight in greasy armour he sends a teasing wink to his friend earning a shake of the head with a smile.