Chapter Five *Edited*

"No" her whispering voice trembles as she stares at the man before her, he hadn't changed, not one bit. Her heart thumps as tears pool in her eyes, how had he found her? After all this time, why now?

"Miss me?" his smirk holds a dark glint that makes her involuntarily shiver. Her fear was beginning to take over her body, her legs were refusing to move as if the sand below was pulling her feet further down.

"How did you find me?" It takes her a moment to find the courage to voice her question, her tears finally fall as she stares at the man she had once whole heartedly loved. She knew that she still had some feelings for him but they weren't strong enough to lead her back into his dangerous arms again.

He laughs darkly as he steps closer leaving only inches between them. "You really think I'd let you go so easily?"

Her anger bubbles at the pleasure he was gaining in seeing her in such a state. She scoffs, "Easy? You think cheating on me and then locking me away in our apartment for three months when I confronted you is an easy escape? You think beating me daily wasn't enough?! Why can't you just leave me alone?!" she glares at him as she finally takes a step back, her anger fuelling the sudden courage she is feeling.

His gaze darkens as he growls, "you talk to me like this and wonder why I did all those things? Maybe you need another beating to teach you where you belong." he threatens.

Her fear returns causing her to continue taking fast steps back, "not if I can help it" she mutters before turning and taking off in a sprint towards Neptunes, tears fall down her cheeks as she sobs uncontrollably. She could hear his footsteps behind her, she didn't have the courage to slow down or look back at her predator, she was the prey and she didn't intend for him to have her so easily.

*****

Back at Neptunes, Mateo was behind the bar, a frown permanently etched on his face as he scans the restaurant for Angelica, he had decided that he would ask her out properly tonight. Liam approaches the bar with a smile "two of your finest cocktails please, Mateo."

Mateo ignores his order and instead asks the question that had been plaguing his mind all night "Where is Angelica? I have not seen her all night" he frowns.

Liam grins "oh, sent her on a blind date, she should be at the beach." he explains.

Mateo's frown deepens as he glances to the door, a wave of jealously washes over him for the first time, he didn't have a good feeling about the date, almost as though she needed him. He turns to Leslie who had joined the two at some point, "Leslie, I need to go. Can you cover my shift?" Leslie smiles, "course, man. Don't have too much fun" she sends him a wink with a deep laugh.

Mateo nods with a small smile, he heads outside and quickly glances around, he had one thing on his mind; find Angelica. He walks around the side of the restaurant towards the black entrance where the bins were stationed. The sound of fast footsteps fills his ears, not that he had the chance to look up to find their source as a body crashes against his in a panic. He looks down at the person in question only to widen his eyes in shock, a sobbing Angelica clings to him in distress as she continually glances behind herself.

"What is wrong?"

As he speaks a man comes rushing around the corner, with eyes filled with rage and fixated on the two, his eyes glare daggers into Angelica as she clings to Mateo desperately. Mateo frowns at the stranger, seeing his muscular build and good looks made him almost jealous, that was until he saw the look of fear Angelica sent towards him, clearly, he was the cause for her distress, the one she had been fleeing from in a hurry.