Chapter Eleven *Edited*

"Why did I agree to this again?"

Kenneth grins, rolling his eyes. "Because you like him, in more than a 'I want to rip your clothes off' kind of way. That's why."

Liam smiles and nods as he scans the outfit his sister currently wore. She wore a tight-fitting red dress with a slit up her right thigh. Her hair was left naturally down and wavy, with her brown wedged heels to finish the look off. She looked stunning in the dress; she couldn't deny how well it showed off her figure. Kenneth smirks in approval, clearly, he was pleased with the dress he had chosen for her.

"I feel like my heart is going to leap from my chest." Liam frowns as she turns away from the mirror to face them. "How is that possible?" He tilts his head as Angelica and Kenneth laugh.

"I didn't mean literally Liam; I was just trying to express how nervous I am" she shakes her head with a smile as Liam mutters a quiet "oh." Angelica takes a deep breath before grabbing her clutch, "what if it doesn't work out?" her mind races with ways the date could end on a bad note, she didn't want to ruin what her and Mateo already shared.

"You and Mateo can't keep your eyes off each other, you both subconsciously search for one another in a crowded room and you have bonded quickly from the moment you met. Trust me, this will work out" Liam smiles encouragingly as he kisses Angelica's cheek leaving her smiling brightly.

Kenneth groans at the two, "come on, I'm spitting feathers and you're going to be late for your date" Angelica nods as she glances one last time at her reflection in the mirror.

"Here goes nothing."

*****

Neptunes was filled with various families enjoying their holidays, the sound was overwhelming for Angelica as she walked into the restaurant. Her eyes scan every face as she searches for the man who has captivated her from the moment, she met him. After a few moments of searching, she finds him. He stands with his back to her chatting to some young woman, the woman was beyond beautiful with a slim figure and suggestive gaze. Angelica finds herself immediately disliking the woman, she hated the way she looked at Mateo.

Angelica feels her blood boil as jealousy consumes her, clearly, she liked him more than she had originally thought. Doubt fills her already crumbling mind as she watches the two converse; the woman was clearly more interested in Mateo's body than the words that were leaving his mouth as she hungrily eyes his muscled arms that were visible through his black shirt. A sigh leaves her lips as she swallows the fear she feels, could she really handle his rejection? Would he really choose that woman over her?

She holds her head high and decides to face the situation head on, her gaze fixated on the two as she approaches them. "I'm sorry but I have a date with a very special woman tonight. You are very beautiful but she is -how do you say- incredible."

Angelica stops just behind Mateo as a smile creeps on her face, her heart skips a beat at the words that had just left his mouth. He had really chosen her; he had chosen Angelica over the beautiful woman that was practically kneeling at his feet to jump in bed with him.

Angelica reaches forward and pokes his shoulder, earning a glare from the slag that stared at her with annoyance. Mateo turns, smiling as soon as his eyes find hers. He scans her figure with a smirk, she looked good enough to eat. "Hola." Angelica smirks as she places her fingers under his chin in order to close his mouth.

"Like what you see?" she teases.

Mateo nods quickly as his eyes continued to scan her outfit, "si, you look very sexy."

Angelica blushes as she glances nervously to the floor "you're really choosing that over me?" the woman glares at Angelica with pure jealousy making Mateo roll his eyes. "She is no easy like you. Go away" he waves his hand in a gesture to make her leave. His eyes meet the woman's as he glares, he didn't like the way this woman treated Angelica, it took all his effort not to insult her further. His words earn him a simply scoff as the woman walks off muttering "your loss, sweetheart."

"Are you ready?" Angelica nods with a curious smile.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?" she asks curiously with a small chuckle.

Mateo chuckles and shakes his head, then he takes a hold of her hand, "it's a surprise. Only the best for my Angelica."