Feelings

So this chapter is a little late, but it's better than the other times haha. So this is kind of an emotional filler but the next chapter is going to continue on with the storyline so hope ya enjoy. New chapter up next Sunday, I promise.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My eyes shot open to the sound of a ringing next to me. Blindly reaching over, I felt my phone buzzing and quickly pulled it to my ear.

"Hello?" I answered sleepily, letting myself flop back onto the couch.

"It's Molly, I just wanted to let you know that I have decided to give you the day off." Bolting upright, my eyes moved to the clock on the mantle. 11 o'clock!

"But Mol I have so much work to do, I can't take another day off, I just came back," I practically shouted into the phone.

I heard a laugh on the other end, "Relax and look on the table." Glancing over, I sighed in relief at the sight of a stack of papers laying there.

"You're a life saver."

"I know," she responded happily before hanging up. Grinning widely I sat up on the couch and stretched.

"You're up," I heard the voice of Sherlock come from next to me.

Smiling up at him I nodded before moving over to the kitchen.

"Big d-day today, h-huh?" I said absent mindedly whilst filtering through some of my papers.

As the silence after my statement grew longer I glanced over at Sherlock who had his eyebrows raised, "Why would it be?"

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "Of c-course it's n-not for you."

I continued sipping my hot chocolate as Sherlock moved to sit opposite me at the kitchen counter.

"Ava, you look like crap, you are still having nightmares," he said with the charm of a parrot.

Looking up at him I smiled, "N-nothing I can't handle."

"Well I want to help, what are they about? I read somewhere that talking about them helps to set your mind at ease," he persisted as I put down my papers.

"You're not gonna let t-this go are you?"

With a shake of his head, I sighed before taking a seat.

"I swear you w-would think you would be f-focusing on Moriarty," I said, frustrated but gave up when all I received was a glare.

"Okay, okay. B-basically people just d-die in them," I said, trying to say as little as possible.

"Ava, come on, random people dying in your dreams isn't going to keep you up every night, whose dying?"

I looked up at him, my face practically screaming for him to stop making me think about it. As usual all I received was a cold and calculated look and so I continued.

"The r-random people tend to b-be the people I love," I stated simply, trying to end the conversation.

"Okay, well how are they dying?" he asked, obviously not catching any of my hints.

"I don't know, m-many different ways I guess, I really d-don't want to think about S-sherlock," I said angrily, standing up from the table and moving to walk away.

"Is that how you react to things that scare you, you just walk away? So is that how you are going to react if someone pulls a gun on you?" he asked with accusation in his tone.

Turning around angrily I glared at him.

"You know what you unemotional prick, I've already been shot for the people I love. I have done more for you than anybody else in my entire life and all you ever seem to do is criticise me and make me feel like shit. I'm sick of it. These are my nightmares I'm having where I have to watch you and Molly and John and Max die, over and over again in the most gruesome ways. My brain won't stop, I can't do anything about it and you trying to get me to talk about it is not helping!"

With that I grabbed my coat and marched out of the apartment, ignoring the shocked look on Sherlock's face. God, he can be such a jerk. Practically running down the stairs I ignored the sharp pains coming from my injury and continued into the street.

Just as I was deciding where to go the door behind me opened and Sherlock ran out. Glaring at him I moved to walk down the street but before I could he grabbed my arm.

"Ava, wait."

"Sherlock, please, I can't do this anymore," I said with exhaustion in my voice. "I am so very tired."

"Alright, well then just listen. Firstly, I know I'm not the kindest person in the world but unfortunately I just am. Secondly, you did not stutter once whilst you were yelling at me, I will look into that further at a later time and thirdly... I am sorry. If any of my behaviour has ever made you believe that I do not care about you than I just want to let you know that I do. I do think that today is a big day, I am nervous and scared, it's just that emotions are not my strong point. The reason why I want to know about your nightmares is because I want to help you. Ava, you are slowly killing yourself, you haven't had a good night's sleep in months and I think you would rather not know how I know that," an image of Sherlock sitting on the couch next to me this morning flashed through mind.

"We are all so worried for you, you care so much for others and our well-being but you don't realise that you are slowly deteriorating," with that Sherlock stopped and I found myself speechless.

I could see the pain in his eyes from revealing so much about himself and I knew that this was a lot for him. With tears in my eyes I moved forward and enveloped him in a massive hug. I could feel his arms wrap around me and squeeze me tight. I felt so warm with him, it felt so right.

Leaning back I looked into his eyes as he whispered, "Please don't keep doing this to yourself."

I moved back and nodded, "I won't. I'll do whatever you want to help get rid of them."

I knew that this was a promise that I would keep and with that we both moved back into the building, Sherlock walking in first and holding the door open for me.

With this weird emotional outburst out of both of our systems I felt like we were more prepared for the day that was to come, boy was I wrong.