Recovery

Yes I know, kill me now but my exam week was hectic. Anyways hope you enjoy, if so leave a comment and fave xoxo

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It was the annoying beeping that was finally getting me close to consciousness. My entire body felt like a rock and my arm was hurting so bad I felt like crying but instead I tried to focus on opening my eyes. I could feel someone holding my hand, their own cold and lanky. It was so hard for me to open my eyes, they felt like lead and so I settled on trying to wriggle my fingers. It took a couple of tries but finally I managed a small movement and the person next to me instantly moved. “Ava,” to my astonishment I wasn’t met with Molly’s voice, instead it was Sherlock who was holding my hand. His fingers were gone far too quickly and I tried to reach out but only managed to slightly move my hands. “Doctor, Nurse, she is awake,” I could hear him call out into the hallway. Oh that’s right, I’m in a hospital. SHIT I GOT SHOT IN THE ARM. At this I pushed my eyes open with all my strength and turned my head slowly, taking in the full view of my now incredibly bandaged arm. I groaned slightly as the pain now became a lot realer, and more intense. I could now see Sherlock rushing back towards me as I groaned again, biting back a scream when I accidently moved my bad arm. “Ssh, Ava, it’s okay, relax. I know it hurts but the doctor will bring you medicine okay,” I whimpered but nodded anyway as he sat back down in the chair and took my hand again.

 I squeezed his as he started to explain what had happened. “You know you would be fine if you slept at any point in the day. Your body was so tired it could barely get you started healing. I...We almost lost you on the operating table all because of your stupid insomnia.” At this he pushed himself out of the chair and started pacing, pushing his hair back in a sign of exasperation. “Why didn’t you ever tell me about your problem?” Sherlock asked as he walked back towards me, trying to calm himself down. I cleared my throat slightly and managed to croak out, “I’m sorry, I didn’t think it was a big deal.” At the sound of my voice his eyes widened and he quickly rushed over, “I’m sorry you shouldn’t be talking and I shouldn’t be yelling at you. I can do that later. You should be resting.” I smiled slightly before coughing as the doctor came in with what looked like a mountain of pills. I closed my eyes and sighed as I settled in to listen to a very boring doctor tell me very boring things about my body.

The first day out of the hospital was strange, I had been in there almost 2 weeks so it felt weird to walk back up the stairs towards 221B. The heavy cast that was still on my arm prevented me from moving too well and my body was still incredibly weak from god knows what. The doctors can’t really say why I’m still so weak so they’ve just kind of decided to let me go home and say that it’ll heal in time. In the mean time I had to deal with constantly feeling tired and like my body was made of lead which was why I was currently leaning on Molly for support as we walked up the stairs. I leant against the banister heavily as she made to unlock the door, sending me a worried smile I laughed before standing upright, “You k-know I’m not a glass b-bottle, I’m not just going to shatter.” She laughed slightly as she came to help me through the door. John and Sherlock were nowhere to be seen and come to think of it they hadn’t visited me in the hospital for a couple of days. “Where a-a-re the boys?” I questioned Molly who all of a sudden became incredibly shifty. “Oh just out doing some grocery shopping,” she stated cheerfully, too cheerfully to be honest as I could instantly tell that she was lying. Narrowing my eyes at her I moved closer, still slowly but I knew I looked threatening. “I will t-tickle you,” I warned as she put her hands up in surrender.” Okay, okay I was going to tell you anyway,” she laughed as we headed towards the counter in the kitchen. I sat down with a sigh, relieved to be off my aching bones.

“They went to go and find out whoever M is,” she stated simply as she busied herself collecting things from the fridge to make into a decent meal. “Wait what,” my head shot up as I only barely prevented myself from moving my arm. “Yeh, Sherlock was incredibly pissed off, at like everything while you were gone. He was always at the hospital and when they told us that you could die, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him so scared,” she continued as I listened silently. “Soooo, my point is, what’s going on,” she grinned cheekily at me as she sat down. I nudged her slightly before turning away, “Nothing, I don’t know why he would act so weird,” I stated truthfully. I hated conversations like this but with Molly they were necessary, sometimes a girl needs to get some stuff of her chest.  I knew that this would definitely not be the end of that conversation but for the moment she managed to let it go. Lifting myself incredibly slowly up from the couch, seriously it took like 5 minutes, I moved to walk over towards the kitchen. Molly opened her mouth in protest but before a word could come out the door burst open and in strode Sherlock and John, both incredibly filthy and generally quite pissed off. At the sight of me barely keeping myself upright in my mission to get to the kitchen both men ran over to me and held me up one on each arm.

Smiling slightly I tried to shrug them off, “G-guys I’m gonna have to p-practice walking by m-myself sooner or later, o-otherwise I’ll be stuck like t-this f-forever.” Sherlock turned his head and narrowed his eyes, “First of all, your stutter has gotten worse again and second of all, you are in no way shape or form ready to be walking by yourself. You try it again and I’ll lock you in your apartment downstairs,” he threatened as they pushed me back towards the couch, protests already on my lips. “Shut up,” John stated firmly, “You got shot for us, at least let us look after you now.” At that remark my head whipped round way too fast and I became dizzy, leaning even more on the boys as they realised the problem. Finally making it back to the couch, I sat down but kept my face behind my hair. “You d-don’t need to f-feel indebted to me j-just because I g-got shot,” I mumbled out quietly. Yet again shocked silence filled the room as Molly came to kneel in front of me, “Sweetie, we are doing this because we care about you and we love you. What you did for us was amazing,” she nudged me slightly as I grinned. At that Sherlock walked over to the kitchen and grabbed the tray of food that Molly had prepared earlier. As John and Molly moved to continue their business Sherlock kneeled in front of me and forced my chin up, “Ava you must never put yourself in danger like that again do you understand?” he commanded gently as I opened my mouth slightly. “Ah, ah, never. I don’t know what would have happened if you had died on that operating table. You just need to start thinking about yourself and not only others,” his clear blue eyes gazed into my hazel ones as I shivered at his words. Nodding slightly he smiled as he leaned forward and kissed me gently on the forehead. “Oh and by the way, you’re taking my bed while you’re in recovery, no exceptions,” he stated over his shoulder as I let myself lie back down on the couch for a quick power nap. For some reason ever since having come into the Sherlock universe or whatever I’ve been able to sleep more but still not nearly enough, right now was one of the only moments where I truly felt myself fall into a deep sleep.