Confrontation with a Madman

It's been two days, two days since anything crazy had happened. Molly and I have been quietly living in our own flat, me attempting to steet clear of any conversations about Jim and her questioning me constantly about my love life with Sherlock. So far things have been surprisingly normal. We aren't overly couply or anything, to be honest we are the same as we were before except now instead of a nod goodnight I get a kiss and he seems to genuinely care about how my day has been rather than just asking because he has to. Its a bit surreal but also very pleasant.

Currently the boys were out investigating Mycroft's case which had actually been the one they had been arguing about the other night. Sherlock finally gave in but I knew it was only because he thought that the case was linked to Moriarty. I also knew that any minute now I would hear their telltale footsteps climbing the stairs. Sherlock would call Moriarty and arrange a meeting at the swimming pool, John would be there and it would all be rather unpleasant. Luckily for us Molly was currently working late and thus wouldn't have to experience her boyfriend being a homicidal maniac.

Max was sitting underneath me, I was using him as a very fluffy footrest. On the TV were re runs of How I Met your Mother but to be honest it was all kind of white noise. My brain was running at miles a minute. To be honest I had a plan. It was a crazy plan. It was a plan that would definitely go against Sherlock's stay safe policy.

It's a fucking stupid plan.

It's also the only plan I have.

So, I ran towards the door, grabbed Max's lead as he followed closely and walked out of the apartment, attempting to not really think about what I was doing. Also, bringing Max added to the stupidity of my plan.

After walking for about half an hour the swimming pool looms over head, a seemingly friendly place, it was completely empty. Clearly Moriarty had closed it somehow. Silently praying that there were no guards around Max and I walked around the side of the building and found a small door which appeared to lead to a storage room of sorts.

I touched the gun in my boots for strength before quietly and slowly pulling it open. Popping my head inside I breathed a sigh of relief at the complete lack of life inside and moved into the building. Max clearly understood the gravity of the situation as he was being incredibly quiet and was staying right by my side.

As I moved into the main swimming pool area I saw no signs of cameras, which I guess made sense as Moriarty clearly wouldn't want people knowing what was going on. I surveyed the area, looking for a good hiding area where I could wait for them to arrive as well as see, so that I could gouge how many snipers would be coming.

A small, barely visible door behind some lockers caught my eye and I quickly ran towards it, not knowing when everything was going to go down. Quickly moving inside I waited as Max followed and then closed the door. There was a small grate on the top of the door which acted as a kind of window although from looking from the outside I knew that people wouldn't be able to see me looking.

Just as I finally got comfortable I heard the door to the swimming pool open and talking start to get louder, clearly approaching. Insatntly I recognised Moriarty's steely voice and watched as he appeared, forcing John to walk forwards with a gun pointed to his back.

"Now darling, it's nothing personal really, it's just business," he was saying in a cheery tone. John didn't seem all too pleased.

"Yeh, right," John replied but immediately stopped talking when Moriarty dug the gun even deeper into his back.

"Sshh, shhh, sshh," Moriarty beckoned like as if John was a child, "None of that. Now be a good boy and put this on." The sight of the black vest made my blood run cold but I held back any sound I wanted to make. Max nudged my hand and I ran my fingers through his fur to relax.