Speech Therapy

Hey guys. *insert sheepish grin here* Sorry I haven't updated in so long but I really have no excuse except for epic writers block and massive procrastination problems. That is also why this chapter is so short and kind of a filler but I promise the next one is back to the main storyline. I love you all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We had lost them. And when I say them I mean the guy that was following us AND Sherlock. That idiot ran off by himself and now he’s going to get himself killed. Returning back to the flat, we all knew that the consulting detective was probably fine and if he wasn’t then this is where he would come back to anyway. Hours passed as I read through a random book that I had found on one of the endless counters in the flat, for some reason it was about the gastronomy of a pig. Not the worst read of my life. Molly seemed visibly anxious whilst John was calmly watching the telly, probably enjoying the little time of relaxation he was receiving from Sherlock’s endless criticisms of the acting and/or script. Finally after what must have been at least 3 hours since the sun had gone down I received a text at the exact same time as John. ‘Got a call from an old colleague, we are going to a bank tomorrow. Be back soon.’ I sighed happily whilst Molly openly grinned before hurrying over to the door. Opening it Sherlock stumbled in looking incredibly tired. “Lost him I see,” John smirked cheekily as Sherlock groaned and placed a plastic bag on the kitchen counter. “What’s this?” Molly asked as she peered into the contents. “I stopped by to pick up dinner,” he replied without looking back as he went to his room. We all started and looked after him.

“Wow, that’s um...surprisingly thoughtful of you Sherlock,” John forced out giving Sherlock a weird look. “Are you even g-going to eat any?” I shouted accusingly as his door slammed shut behind him. “That guy is so w-weird,” I muttered under my breath as I went to help Molly and John serve the food. Somehow the weird emotionless fellow in the other room had managed to order everyone’s favourite meal, including what I could only imagine was his as it was the only meal left after we had all taken ours. Sitting down around the table in the kitchen we helped ourselves and I groaned at the magnificent aroma that drifted up from my teriyaki chicken. Hearing a door open and close I turned my head to see Sherlock grab the box he had ordered for himself and sit down at the empty chair that I had set up for him, just in case he decided to join us. There was silence for all of 5 minutes before the conversation started about Sherlock’s old university buddy. “So who is this guy again?” John asked, wondering how anyone who Sherlock had managed to talk too would want to see him again. “Really John, do try to keep up. He went to the same university as me and has an interesting case that I want to look into.” “A-and that c-case is?” I questioned with my eyebrows raised. “You’ve started stuttering more again,” he remarked to which I glared at him before shoving another mouthful of food in my mouth. Stupid Sherlock. “Basically there was a break in to the office that he works in but nothing was taken, there were just strange symbols were painted on the walls,” he answered my question to which Molly finally spoke up.

“Why is that interesting?” she squeaked. “I guess we’ll see when we go tomorrow won’t we,” he smirked back at her to which I rolled my eyes and sighed. “Molly w-w-e have work t-tomorrow, we’ve already taken t-too many days off,” I stated as I thought back to a yelling Lestrade, I seriously did not want to be on the wrong side of his anger. “I already called you both in sick,” he smirked smugly as I glared at him. “Isn’t that going to seem a bit suspicious, us both being sick,” Molly questioned thoughtfully as she stared at her food. “Well considering the close proximity that you two live your lives within it’s not particularly farfetched to be honest,” he rolled his eyes at the apparently stupid question that I believed to be perfectly reasonable as I’m sure the others did too. “Okay, whatever Sherlock. You win, but if I get injured or seriously m-maimed I am going to kill you,” I huffed as I stood up and chucked the remnants of my fast food in the steadily overflowing bin. Not looking over my shoulder I stormed out of the room and moved into John’s to get changed. Max was lying on John’s bed, looking like he was about to pass out and I scratched his ear affectionately. “How did everything get so complicated?” I asked him as I lay beside him on the bed.

“See it is psychological, otherwise you would stutter when you were talking to Max as well,” I jumped up as Sherlock closed the door behind him. “S-shut up,” I rolled my eyes at him as I lied back on the bed. A shadow loomed over me as I peered up at the tall form of Sherlock. “What d-do y-you want?” I questioned, really not in the mood for anymore of the detectives mind games. “Today, we start your speech therapy,” Sherlock chirped, happier than I had heard him in a while, “I’ve been reading some books and I know I can cure you.” He sat himself in the middle of the bed, blocking me from Max and I glared at him as I sat up slowly. “A-aren’t you t-tired?” I asked, yawning myself. “Sleep can wait,” is all I got back as he straightened his posture and I mirrored him. “A-alright, go ah-head,” I looked at him expectantly. “I want you to repeat after me,” he started as I decided that this was going to be boring. “No! Don’t slouch, it worsens the stutter,” he grabbed my shoulders and forced my back straight. God this would look weird if someone walked in. “Now, repeat after me. My – name – is – Ava,” he said slowly, leaving a break between each word. I huffed but complied anyway, “My – name –i-i-,” I stopped, frustrated at myself. “Ah, just stop, take a deep breath and start again,” Sherlock stared at me from his position. God his eyes are blue. I mentally slapped myself before realising that I had actually slapped myself. Turning my gaze down I could feel Sherlock’s stare on me but decided to ignore it and keep on trying.

“My – name –is –A-A-A...A-va,” I finally managed to stutter out as I kept my gaze down. I felt a hand rest on my chin and push it up. My eyes met Sherlock’s piercing gaze as he stated simply, “Good job.” We continued staring at each other for what seemed like hours but was actually a couple of second. I finally snapped out of it and broke the eye contact. “Right um,” Sherlock cleared his throat before standing up from the bed and heading towards the door. “We shall continue tomorrow,” is all I heard as the door closed behind him. Blinking a couple of times I collapsed back onto the bed. It was dangerous being this close to Sherlock all the time; it was making me delve into that hidden fan girl side of me that I had long since suppressed. Sighing deeply I continuously thought about getting up and getting changed and then moving to the couch but it was as if my body wouldn’t move. I was way too tired. Max moved so that he was lying next to me with his head on my stomach and I played with his hair softly as I let myself sink into John’s soft pillow. I’ll just rest my eyes for a bit before getting up, I’ll only be five minutes. As soon as I let my eyes close I was in a deep sleep, one filled with crystal blue eyes and the red colour of blood.