Black Out

I know, I know and I'm sorry I haven't written but I am feeling really motivated at the moment and I am really happy with this chapter so hopefully I'll update more although exams are soon so no promises. Enjoy!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My eyes opened slowly as I felt the sunlight glare onto my eyes, the loud sound of someone banging around the kitchen pulling me from my peaceful slumber. I breathed deeply through my nose, preparing myself for another long day before I stopped for a second. I knew everything that was going to happen in this case, the storyline had gone back to normal so I could potentially save me and everyone else’s time by just solving it quickly. I smiled to myself but then stopped, how am I supposed to do that without seeming insanely suspicious. I remembered that the connection between the two men was the fact that they had both come back from China and they both went to that random shop, what was it called again? Oh well, I’ll figure it out. Maybe if I bring up the possibility of them being smugglers, I mean it seems plausible, they both had steady jobs that gave them reasons to constantly be in and out of the country. Alright, I’ll go with that, I nodded to myself. “She’s finally awake,” Molly’s happy face appeared above me as I smiled lazily. “P=piss off,” I rolled over so that I was hanging of the sofa.

Slowly sitting up I felt my back pop as I stretched my body. Letting out a contented sigh I stood up slowly, scratching Max on the head as he was lying down next to the sofa. “I=I am seriously l-looking f-forward to when w-we can go back to our flat,” I laughed as I felt my sore muscles protest at my movements. “Well it’s not happening yet so get used to the permanent damage to your spine,” I heard the deep voice that signalled Sherlock was around and raised my eyebrows at him. Walking over I decided to get him back for everything he had ever done for me so I hugged him from behind, “Oh S-sherly, y-you do care,” I laughed as he became stock still. Pulling away I grabbed a cup of tea that was waiting for me on the table and stuffed a cookie in my mouth. It seems Mrs Hudson had made us another batch. “You know your diet has much to be desired health wise,” Sherlock walked over and sat across from me as I poked my tongue out. “Now, now children,” I heard John’s kind voice coming from behind and turned to smile up at him. “Morning John,” he smiled back at me as he grabbed a cookie, “Remind me to thank Mrs Hudson,” He stated as he walked over to the kettle to put more water to boil. “I always d-do,” I responded cheerily.

“O-okay, so l-last night I did a b-bit of research on our g-guys and it turns out that they b-both came back from China recently,” pausing for dramatic effect I took in Sherlock’s proud smirk before continuing, “AND Inspector Dimmock told me that they both h-had receipts from an old oriental shop tying them t-together.” Sherlock nodded, now thinking and processing the new info, of course I hadn’t asked or researched any of that I just wanted this case to be over with so that I could go back to quietly working at the morgue. Molly came and sat next to me as she stole the cookie from my hand, “Hey!” I protested before groaning and grabbing a different one from the plate. John came and sat next to Sherlock who was now looking thoroughly constipated as he entered his mind palace. “SO, s-since I have a mild case of i-insomnia I had p-plenty of time to process that i-info last night and my best g-guess as to what these guys w-were doing is smuggling,” I pulled out the big guns, basically giving them the case. Sherlock raised his eyebrows as he went through the evidence in his head before nodding, “That would also explain the graffiti, I would be smugglers code or something,” Sherlock grinned over at me, “My word Ava, aren’t you getting good.” I smiled at the floor at the praise as I saw Molly quirk an eyebrow, inconspicuously hitting her on the head I glared at her suppressed laughter.

I started suddenly as I remembered Soo Lin and her brother, maybe I could stop her death. “I t-think we should g-go back to the m-museum,” I stated, ”maybe there will be more clues there.” Sherlock looked at me curiously before nodding his head. I jumped slightly as Max jumped up and grabbed the cookie that was in my hand, “Urgh,” I groaned frustrated at everyone stealing my cookies. “Well I hope you kiddies have fun as I have work today,” John stated proudly. I grinned happily at him before remembering that we also should go to work. “Um Molly, we kinda have t-o work as w-well,” I spoke to her quietly as she groaned. “Alright, head of the lot of you, I can go to the museum myself,” Sherlock seemed to be pouting but I ignored him and patted him on the head before heading downstairs to get dressed and wait for Molly.