Chapter IX: A Dark Memory part 1: Coma

A/N: sooo, what do you guys think so far? ah, dont answer that. ok you can answer it.

anywho, Jakes still passed out just as a heads up. so yea, but theres still gonna be stuff from the outside that i'll fill you in on.

Re:connect Kingdom Hearts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is this? I thought, Where am I? The last thing I remembered was fighting Blayze with Sora and then- nothing. I was drawing up a blank.

Darkness surrounded me on all sides. I looked around and saw nothing but pure blackness. This was so weird. I walked - or floated or whatever - forward not sure what to do exactly. A blinding light appeared in front of me. I went toward it and was soon wrapped in the warm caressing light, and then it subsided leaving me in a room, my room.

"No way," I said.

As I looked around everything screamed my room; the guitar, the desk, the television set, even his kendo stick poking out my closet. Was this for real? Was I finally home?

I opened the door leading to the rest of the house. Everything was just as it had been when I left. Dad was in the living room reading his newspaper, Mom was in the kitchen cleaning and my little sister, Lisa, was in her room playing with her dolls.

"Oh! Jake, you finally came out of your room." my mother said.

"Umm, yeah. I...wasn't feeling too good." I fabricated, so they mustve noticed my abscence, "Do you mind if I go for a walk? Get some fresh air in my lungs."

"Of course you can sweetie." she said, and with that, I left.

-Third Person POV-

Sora paced the floor of the treatment center. He wasn't exactly sure what had happened to Jake, after the fight he just passed out. Sora hadn't noticed that Riku had walked into the room.

"Any changes?" Riku asked.

"Huh?" Sora turned and saw his best friend, "Oh, not so far. There's still brain activity and his heart is staying strong."

"Thats good." Riku said with a nod as he looked over Jake's unconscious body. He knew what had happened to the boy. When he fought Blayze, he must have gotten hit by that mysterious black-fire, known as hellfire. It was a dark entity that could mess with its victims minds leaving them a heap of unconscious mass.

"Hey Riku, I'm gonna go get some rest. I've been up all night keeping an eye on him."

Riku gave a nod wayching as Sora left the room. He took a seat and let out a sigh.

"Fight the darkness Jake..."

-Jake-

I walked around aimlessly with nowhere to go. I was still racking my brain trying to figure out how I got back. Every time I try to think about it, I draw blanks. It was highly irritating.

As I walked, my subconscious must have been leading me, because I found myself at the pier. Back to where it all began. As I looked around, I saw images of that mysterious night. That mysterious man in the black cloak, the meteor shower, that freak storm rolling in, that key, how Matt was acting weird.

"Matt!" I gasped and took off running.

As me feet slapped against the pavement, my heart raced in anticipation as to if Matt was here or not.

His house came into view, I was almost there when I heard a sudden cry of pain. My head wiped around to see who it was. My eyes widen in surprise as I saw Blayze and Matt both fighting.

-Third Person POV-

It was late and Riku had fallen asleep. As he snored lightly, Ayame came in. Her eyes registered the sleeping Riku in the corner of the room and a slay grin spread across her face. She reached into her pocket and pulled out one of her two rubber bands and aimed at Riku's sleeping figure. She let the elastic fly and it hit Riku square in the forehead causing him to wake up.

"Huh?" he said with a start. He searched the floor for what it was that hit him, but the rubber band had already returned back to Ayame's pocket. A sly grin slid onto her face at the shocked expression on the silver haired boys face. Riku had not noticed her untill she giggled.

"Ayame," he sighed, "I should've known it was you."

"What's the matter Riku?" she teased, "Ever since you took off that blindfold you're even more blind than usual."

Riku tensed at the statement, "You know my reason for having that blindfold."

Ayame noticed the hurt in his voice and felt bad for what she said.

"I-I'm sorry Riku, I didn't mean anything by it."

He waved off the apology, "I know you didn't Ayame."

He smiled at her and she returned it. The two of them had been through a lot together, more then what they lead on for people to see.

Riku stood up yawning and streaching, "Hey, do you mind taking watch over Jake? Sora should be here later to take his shift."

"Babysit the newbie, huh?" Ayame said looking down at the unconscious figure, "Sure, I guess I could do that."

"Thanks." Riku said as he walked out, but he wasn't going to sleep just yet. There was something he wanted to talk to the King about first.

Ayame sat down and rested her elbows on her knees and her head in her hands. She let out a sigh at the realization of how boring this was gonna be.

Just then, a light shown in Jakes hand and Oathkeeper appeared.

"What the-?" Ayame stood up to see it, "How did he...?"