Chapter III: the Manifestation

I couldn't register what my eyes were seeing. Sora and Riku were fighting countless Shadows with a massive key and bat wing. It just wasn't registering in my mind. And there was no end to the Shadows. Every time they vanquished one, two more would take its place. It seemed like there was no end in sight. As I stayed back, slowly inching away from everything, a movement caught my eye. I looked to see what it was and saw a pair of yellow eyes looking back at me. The small creature emerged forth from the shadows. It looked harmless, but from seeing the war Sora and Riku were having, I knew they were strong. I tried to run, but my feet were glued to that spot. I was frozen with fear. As the Shadow made its way closer to me I tried again to move, only this time I tripped and fell on my backside.

The thing rippled slightly then jumped at me. I threw my arm up in a useless attempt to protect myself. “Jake!” I heard Sora call as the creature slashed at me. “Ahhh!!” I screamed and closed my eyes anticipating the attack. Suddenly there was a blinding light. And then there was something in my hand. I was really light, barely enough weight to register that it was there. But I knew there was something there because my hand was closed around something, like a stick maybe. I opened my eyes to see what it might be and gasped. This was the thing that hit me during that storm. But what was I doing with it?

“That keyblade, its Oathkeeper!” Sora exclaimed.

“What’s this guy doing with a keyblade? Let alone Oathkeeper?” Riku asked fending off another one of the shadows. I glanced at them sideways then looked at the thing in my hand. A keyblade he called it, Oathkeeper. I could feel its power flowing into me through the handle. I got to my feet and gripped the handle tightly. Remembering my kendo training, I took my stance and ran to aid Sora and Riku in battle. The first shadow that came in contact with the blade evaporated in a puff of smoke, releasing a crystal heart.

“Whoa.” was all I could say. But that small victory was short lived as the other Shadows became angered at the sight of their fallen comrade and charged at me. But instead of flinching and running away like I would normally, I was suddenly filled with new found courage to stand and fight. “Let’s go!” I said as I met my attackers head on. It was weird fighting with this new weapon. I was so used to a wooden kendo stick, but it was like I had been using this all my life. Every slash, every swipe, every stroke came from within me. It was like, it had a mind of its own, and I was just there to hold it.

With my help, Sora and Riku were able to vanquish the rest of the shadows. Exhaustion began to set in and I dropped to the ground panting. Sora's keyblade vanished in a flash of light as he walked over to me. He bent his knees in a squat so he could look at me better and cocked his head to the side. “I didn't know you were a Keyblade Wielder.” “A key- what?” I asked confused. “And where did yours go?” He just laughed. “I put it away. You can do it too, ya know.” I looked down at the mysterious object in my hand. It had a feather-like hilt that went into two separate rods and met at a star like thing at the tip.

“How?” I asked. He lifted a hand to his chest. “With your heart.”

“My...heart?” “Yeah!” he nodded. “Just focus on it to put it away. It works the same way to bring it back.” I tried what he said. I closed my eyes trying to will it away. Then after the blinding light subsided, it was gone. I stared at my hand in awe at what I just did. “This is too cool.” I thought aloud. Sora's grin widened, “Yep, it sure is!” Riku came over to join us. “So exactly how did you get the keyblade anyway?” All I could do was shrug. “I don't know. It was like... instinct. After the meteor shower last night, I saw it fall from the sky. I thought it had pierced me, but I guess not. That's the last thing I remember, then falling into darkness, and waking up here.”

Riku put a hand on his chin as he mulled it over in his mind.  “Hey Sora, didn't the King tell you something about the manifestation of a keyblade having something to do with the wielders heart?” Sora thought for a second, “Yeah, he did! Maybe we should go see him. He can tell us what’s going on.”

As I got up from the ground, Sora threw his arm across my shoulders. "Well buddy, looks like you're goanna be here awhile." I gave a half smile, "I need to find a way home. Sara's probably worried, and Matt...Oh, crap! Matt!!"

"Whoa bro," Sora said, "Take it easy. We'll find your friend and get you home." A full smile filled my face, "Thanks Sora."

As the three of us walked down the alley, Sora turned to Riku and grinned. "Kinda reminds me of us a little, huh?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: sooooo, what do you think? Wonder why Jake's keyblade turned out to be Oathkeeper. hmmm, curiouser and curiouser. Might have to do a filler chapter for you guys. lol, but anyway vote/comment/fan. Let me know what you think.

sn: pic off to the right of Oathkeeper (white) and Oblivion (black). you get to see Oblivion later, but whos keyblade will it be?

Re: connect Kingdom Hearts!!