Chapter I: the Shooting Star

A/N: I hope you guys like it so far. I'm doing my best, and I'd really appreciate it if you tell me how im doing.

Re:Connect Kingdom Hearts!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah, that dream turned out to not be a dream. It was a subconscious type thing, or something.

[Sora, if you don't shut up...]

*sighs* So anyway, I thought that was that, but in reality it was only the beginning...

It’s been three days since that weird dream. I haven't told Sara or Matt about it. I mean what could I tell them exactly? That I had a dream that I had entered the world of Kingdom Hearts? Actually, now that I think about it I could tell them just that. But it was still so weird. I could still feel a lingering tingle in my forehead where he poked me. My hand lifted up to touch it, but I had to mentally stop myself. “Hey Jake!” a female voice called to me, “You done daydreaming?” “Huh?” I turned to see Sara making her way down the pier toward me, “Oh, hey Sara.”

When she got to me she stopped for a second to catch her breath. She looked up at me with her bright green eyes, causing my heart to flutter. “Why are you on the pier all alone?” she asked. I shrugged and leaned on the railing. “I always come out here to think.” “Oh.” She cocked her head to the side, “What you thinking about?” I was tempted to tell her that I was thinking about her, but that would just make things awkward. We've been friends for over six years. I couldn't just up and drop that on her could I? No I couldn't.

“Oh, nothing really. Just that summers finally here, and we have no plans to do anything.” “Well there's supposed to be a meteor shower tonight, along with a full moon.” “Oh yeah, I heard about that.” “Yeah.” She shifted from foot-to-foot.

“Something on your mind?” I asked. At first she was quiet. I could almost see her mind debating whether or not she should tell me. I was goanna encourage and remind her that she can talk to me about anything, when she mumbled something. “I'm sorry, what was that?” I asked.

She took up an interest in her feet as she spoke, “Did you wanna watch the meteor shower with me?” At first I was shocked. Was this another dream, or did she just ask me out? Maybe I was reading into this too much. “If you want to sure.” I answered back. Her face lit up with joy, “Okay! Well its goanna start in a few hours, so I guess I better go.” “Go where?”

“Home to freshen up for our date silly.” she replied. “Later.”

Date!? She - she just said this was a date. Well if that's the case I gotta head home too. I thought taking off in the direction of home.

As the sun began to set over the horizon I could see storm clouds rolling in. It looked like it was goanna hit just after the meteor shower. As I stepped out of the house and was up the street a good way, I felt like I was being followed. I turned around, and sure enough about four blocks down under a streetlamp stood a hooded figure looking my direction. For a moment, I thought it was the same guy from my dream. But it was just a dream...right?

I turned back around to continue my way to the pier when I heard his voice. “This world is connected...” I jumped and looked beside me, but he wasn't there. When I saw he wasn't next to me, I turned and saw that he was still standing under the lamp. But I could hear his voice, like he was right next to me.

“...tied to the darkness.” I arched and eyebrow. What the hell is this guy talking about? Someone should put him in the psych-ward or something. “Hey!” I shouted, “Exactly what is your deal?”

I wasn't sure if he heard me or not, because he showed no sign of weather he was listening. Getting slightly irritated, I turned back around and continued up the street. “The door has been opened; soon this world will fall to nothing.” I tried to ignore him, but it was like he was in my head. “Do not fight the darkness Jake.” I spun back around, but he was gone. I stood there looking around for him, but he was nowhere in sight. It was like he just vanished. I got to the pier where Sara was waiting for me. I walked up to her and stopped in my tracks. She was wearing a form fitting red and black checkered shirt, with tight black jeans and red Vans. She looked amazing.

As she turned to look at me, I saw her eyes light up. She gave me a once over as she ran up to me and gave me a hug.

“Don't you look nice.” she said grinning. I looked down at my black and white trimmed shorts and my black V-neck and white short-sleeved zip-up hoodie combo. “What? This?” I said. “Oh, this is nothing. Just something I threw on.”

She giggled at my sad joke, but still it made me smile. “So exactly when does this start?” As if it was awaiting my call, the first meteor streaked across the sky. Soon after the first one went, the second one came. Then the third, and the fourth, and the fifth, sixth, seventh. Soon the sky was streaked with meteors. It was a beautiful sight. Sara looked up and stared in awe at the shooting stars. The moon hung full in the air with the meteors

“It’s beautiful.” she said. I glanced at her from the corner of my eye. “Yeah, beautiful.”

As the shower came to an end, Sara and I got ready to head our separate ways. As we walked off the pier, she slipped her hand into mine. My first instinct was to pull away, but my heart took control of my body and acted of its own accord. I could feel the heat radiating off her hand. “Thank you.” she said as she rested her head on my shoulder. I stiffened slightly. “Thank you? What for?” “For an amazing date.” I blushed at her complement. Maybe she was just being nice, you know, trying not to make me feel bad. Or maybe she actually meant what she said. Or maybe I was over thinking it.

“I had a great time, but it’s getting late. I should start heading home.” “Okay, I'll walk you.” I offered. She smiled and kissed my cheek causing my blush to deepen. “Thanks, but it’s not too far. I can walk alone. ”And with that, she gave me another kiss on the cheek and walked home. I stood there watching her until she turned the corner. I started to walk home when a movement caught my eye. As I turned to see what it was, I saw Matt walking back toward the pier. What’s he doing here? I followed him back to the pier. Once he got to the end, he stopped and looked up at the clouds just as the wind picked up. I had totally forgotten about the storm that was rolling in, which was now upon us. I ran up behind Matt and called to him.

“Matt! C'mon, the storm's goanna be here any second!”

He just continued to stand there, looking up at the clouds. A bolt of lightning streaked across the sky followed by thunder. This was goanna be one wicked storm. “Matt!” I called again” “What are you waiting for? Let’s go!” “Can you feel it Jake?” he asked still looking at the clouds. “This world and the others are finally connected. Soon this world will fall to the darkness.”

All I could do was stare at him. What was he saying? He was starting to sound like that stranger from earlier. Pain shot through my skull as Matt turned to face me. As he turned around, I saw an image of the hood figure outline Matt. He looked at me and stretched out his hand.

“Come with me, Jake.” I was tempted to take his offer. Just as I was about to take step forward, a bolt of lightning streaked down from the sky and struck right between us. The pier blew up sending us flying in different directions. I flew through the air as thoughts raced through my head. This can't be happening. Exactly what was going on? As I landed on the beach I saw another meteor falling from the sky. It was a beautiful sight, but it was coming right at me. I tried to roll out the way, but my muscles wouldn't respond to my command. The meteor grew closer and closer.

Once it was close enough, I saw that it wasn't actually a meteor. In fact, it looked like...a key? As the foreign object continued to hurl toward me, my panic subsided. If this was it, then I'd gladly accept it. As the key hit me it shattered into a bright light, as the ground shattered from under me and I fell into the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: so, what do you think?? I need feedback. And to you Kingdom Hearts fans, which keyblade do you think chose Jake? And who the hooded figure and what does he have to do with Matt?

Keep reading to find out.

Re: Connect Kingdom Hearts!!