Chapter XII: A Dark Memory part 4: Waking Up

A/N: hey guys, sorry for the wait ummm... bleh xP so anyway, here ya go!!

Re:Connect Kingdom Hearts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Jake-

Roxas rushed at me with that dark keyblade of his. Instinctively, I lifted Oathkeeper to block and made an attempt to strike back, but he steeped out of the way.

"Why..?" Roxas asked, "Why did it choose you!?"

He rushed me again and I braced myself. He leaped into the air ready to bring his keyblade down on me.

A million thoughts raced through my head. Why had Oathkeeper chosen me over Roxas? Why? As I searched within myself for the answer, I heard the familiar laughter of a girl in my head.

"Sara..." I mumbled.

I brought my keyblade up in an up-stroke causing it to collide with Roxas's keyblade and knock it out his hand. He growled in anger as electricity arched in his hand as he punched my chest. I flew back a few feet and crashed into a building before I crumbled to the ground. Roxas went over and picked up his keyblade before walking over to me.

I laid there unsure if I should continue. I didn't have the will to fight anymore. All I wanted to do was just let it end here.

"So you're just gonna give up that easily, huh?" said a girl.

"Wha-?" I looked around.

Roxas had stopped mid-step, frozen in time. I got up and kept looking for the source of the voice.

"Who's there? Show yourself!"

Another giggle sounded as a girl materialized out of thin air. She had caramel colored skin, and light hazel eyes. She was wearing a pair of jet black jeans with a sleeveless white and pink shirt. She smiled that amazing smile of hers at me.

"Sara?"

"Whats the matter?" she asked, "You act like you've seen a ghost."

"Wh-whats going on? Where are you!?" I rambled.

She looked at me and giggled as she walked up to me tapping my chest, "I'm right here."

She tapped my chest where my heart is.

"Now, wake up!" she said.

"Wha-?" I stammered.

-Third Person-

It was Ayame's turn to stand watch over Jake. His condition hadn't changed as he held fast to Oathkeeper. As she started to fall asleep, the King walked in looking at her.

"You go get some sleep Ayame, I'll watch Jake."

Ayame jumped at the sound of his voice, " No your majesty, I"m fine."

"Ayame, it's alright." he insisted, "There's something I wanted to see anyway..."

The king looked down as thoughts raced in his head. This reminded him of Sora when he took his Mark of Mastery test and couldn't wake up. King Mickey looked at Jakes sleeping figure. He could feel something was off about all this, but he just couldn't place his finger on it.

Ayame rose to her feet, "As you wish your Majesty." she said as she walked out the room and right into Riku.

She took a step back and looked up at him. She hid the blush of embarrassment that threatened to fill her face, and held her composure.

"What are you doing here?" she asked him in a slightly cold tone.

Riku looked at her, "The King asked me to meet him here. Why are you here?"

"I was just leaving." she said as she brushed past him and walked down the hall.

Ayame could feel his eyes on her back, but fought the urge to look back and confirm her suspicions. As she rounded the corner she caught a glimpse of Riku out the corner of her eye, and sure enough he was looking at her. She grinned to herself as she continued on her way to her room.

Riku watched her retreating back as she left him standing at the door clueless. As she turned the corner he saw her looking at him. Once she disappeared around the corner he shook his head and chuckled. You'd think she'd be grateful since I saved her...

He turned and walked into the room where the King and Jake were.

-Jake-

Time had started back up and Roxas continued to walk toward me. His blue eyes were blazing with anger.

"Ya know, it really pisses me off how you carry around that keyblade and don't even know how to use it." he growled and raised Oblivion up above his head. "It was nice knowing ya."

Just then I exploded. A dark aura had erupted around me and blasted Roxas back. The dark arua grew bigger and stronger, and as it did I could feel my empty had grow heavy. I looked at my hand and saw black chains spreading from it forming something. As I tried to figure what it was, Roxas had gotten back up and seemed even more pissed off then before.

"It's not FAIR!!" he yelled, "Why did Oathkeeper choose you instead of me!?"

I looked at him, he seemed pitiful. Like a kid throwing a tantrum in a store because his mom wouldn't buy him the latest toy.

"Its not my fault you have nothing to protect..." I muttered.

"What!?" he spat.

"Oathkeeper chose me because my heart desires to protect something." I continued, "My will to see through to keeping that promise I made with my friend is what brought Oathkeeper to me! Your will was too weak."

"You cocky little-"

I rushed and smacked him with Oathkeeper as the black chains shot a black and blue fireball at his chest sending him back a good distance. As the chains began to manifest I saw that it was another keyblade. It kinda resembled Oblivion a little but had its differences.

"Dark Memory..." I'm not sure how, but I knew that was its name, "A fitting name."

Roxas got up, "You think a second keyblade will help?? This isn't over!"

~                                       *                                    ~

I sat up in a hospital bed with Sora looking at me. I had no idea how I got here or what I was doing here honestly. A sharp pain shot through my skull causing me to grab my head.

"Ow..." I winced.

"Whoa, easy man." Sora said, "Just relax, I'm gonna go get King Mickey."

With that he took off out the door leaving me alone in the room. Part of me wanted to think everything that happened was just a bad dream, but deep down...I know all that was all too real.