Chapter VI: Twilight Town

A/N: sweet, Scattered Hearts has over 100 reads! And it’s all thanks to you guys! So, I think it’s time for a new character, wouldn't you agree?

sn: who's played Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance? Is it as epic as it looks? I must know!!

Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We returned to the study where the King was examining some sort of map or something. It showed multiple planets in space, but it looked nothing like any map of the solar system I've ever seen. "Interesting isn't it?" someone said, interrupting my thoughts. I looked down and saw it was the King who spoke. He smiled up at me and I couldn't help but smile back. I mean c'mon, its Mickey Mouse! I don't care how badass you are, if Mickey Mouse smiles at you, you smile back!

"It’s a map I've been making of all the worlds." I stared at him. "A map of the worlds?" "Yup, ya see there are plenty of worlds tied together." he explained, "And we can use that link to travel between them." "Awesome." I said. Sora finally spoke up after he was done horsing around with Goofy, "So what did you wanna see us for your Majesty?" Riku and Ayame came walking in just then. Riku had a look of annoyance on his face and Ayame was grinning like a fool. Looking at her now, I noticed a tattoo I hadn't seen before. It was a tiger paw raking down her arm, from her shoulder and into those weird glove things leaving four distinct gashes.

It was kinda creepy, but awesome at the same time. Her eyes fell on me as she noticed me staring at her tattoo, and I flinched and turned my focus to the King. "Good, your all here." he said, "Now as we know, there are many Keyblade Wielders out there. And as we found out from Ayame, the Organization is trying to gather them to serve their own purpose." I must have had a blank look on my face, because Sora went on to explain.

"Organization XIII is a group of super strong Nobodies that have speical skills. Their pretty tough too, I had to fight some of them, even my own Nobody, Roxas." Things were starting to make sense, but there was still one thing bothering me, "Exactly how is a Nobody formed?" It was the King who answered me, "Well, as I'm sure you know when someone loses their heart a creature of darkness is formed called a Heartless." I nodded my head as I did know this, "But then that leaves the body. If that person was strong in mind and body, then it becomes another creature, a Nobody."

"Hmmm," I tapped a finger to my chin, "So, basically a Nobody has a mind, soul and body but no heart?" "Yep." the king said. "Now that we got that established, can we continue?" Riku asked. "Of course," the King said, "More and more Keyblade Wielders are popping up in all the worlds, and I need you to find them." "Sweet a new adventure!" Sora said punching the air. The King laughed at Sora's excitment, "Sora, Ayame this is your first task: contact the reat of the Wielders, and change their minds. Bring them to our side." Ayame summoned Two Across and twirled it around, "You can count on us your Majesty."

I summoned Oathkeeper and held it in front of me, "We won't let you down." King Mickey smiled, "Your first stop is Twilight Town." We all nodded in understanding. The four of us walked out the study and through a series of hallways. I had no clue where we were but the others seemed to know where we are. After a few more turns, we came to a stairway leading down into what I guessed was a basement.

Well, I guessed wrong.

We stepped into an engine room. It was filled with dozens of sounds: bells, whistles, steam hissing, beeps and boops. On the center platform was a vessel of some sort. It didn't have a soil color or a theme for all I could see. It was like a toddler took some multi-colored building blocks and built this. But that didn't stop me from staring at it in awe. Ayame brushed past me bringing me back to my senses, "Noob." I looked at her as she walked away. Did I do something to her? I thought. I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw Sora next to me with a grin plastered on his face.

"I present to you the Gummi Ship: Highwind." he gestured.

"Heya Sora!" someone said in a high-pitch voice.

I looked around for its source and saw no one. Sora laughed and bent down to pick up something. "Jake, meet Chip and Dale." he said placing the two chipmunks on his shoulders. "Hey Jake!" they said together I could never tell the two apart (A/N: I really can't to this day. isn't Chip the one with the squeaky voice and Dale has the southern drawl?). "Hey guys." I smiled. Chip turned to Sora, "So are you ready to go?"

Sora looked at Ayame, Riku and I for our response. We just nodded. "Alright," he said, "Lets g-" "WAAAIIIIIT!!!!!!" someone squawked. I turned to the stairs and saw a familiar looking duck come running up to Sora with Goofy hot on his feathers. "You weren't gonna leave without us, were you?" Donald asked. Sora just folded his hands behind his head and grinned, "Of course not, but you two got stay outta trouble." "We will." they answered.

And with that, the six of us entered the Gummi Ship and set off for Twilight Town. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the new world about an hour later. It had a beautiful sun set that made the clock tower stand out. Chip and Dale docked the ship above the clock tower (yes, the chipmunks were piloting the ship) and let us out by the clock face. The four of us got out, but Donald and Goofy stayed behind on Sora's request saying if he needed them he'd call them. As I looked down I noticed we were about ten stories up. "So," I said, "How do we get down from here?" Ayame looked at me and shook her head, "Your joking, right?"

"Ok here's how this is goanna go," Riku interrupted, "We'll split into two teams: me and Sora, you and Jake." Ayame scoffed and folded her arms over her chest, "Why do I get paired with the noob?" "Just deal, ok?" it was Sora who spoke, "Meet back here in an hour. C'mon Riku. And with that, they jumped from the tower. My eyes widen in shock as they free-fell to the ground below. They landed on their feet unfazed and went downhill. "Whoa," was all I said.

But Ayame just rolled her eyes. "Show offs, let’s go." She jumped to the closest building, and ran to the next. Now free running was a concept I'm familiar with. I jumped to the building she was just on, and raced after her. I jumped from roof to roof, leaping over chimneys and having a few close calls where I had to grab the side of the building and pull myself up. By the time I caught up to her, she was waiting in a back alley sandlot. It was empty for the most part, just a few benches and a billboard. Ayame stood in the center a looked around.

"Hmmmm," she thought, "Thought for sure this is where he might be." I looked at her, "You've been here before?" Her face turned red, and she turned away to walk up an alley. I rushed after her and tried to keep pace. Geez, you would think I ruined her life or something. "Ok, I have a question." I stated. "Goody," she droned, "What is it?" "Exactly what is your deal? I mean, like, what happened to make you this way?"

A slight frown crossed her face. Her eyes were filled with sadness as she spoke, "I wasn't always like this. But hey, life gives you lemons make lemonade, right?" "No, you throw them back and ask for apples." I said joking. That actually got her to smile. Score one for the noob! But this victory was short lived as a streak of fire erupted between us and circled the sandlot. We jumped away from it and looked for its source. Laughter began to fill the air as someone clapped and walked between the flames. He was wearing a cloak with the hood over his head. It was the hooded figure from that night.

"You!" I growled and summoned Oathkeeper. He cringed slightly at the sight of it, "Ooh, Roxas isn't gonna like this. But any way, how ya been Ayame?" I looked at Ayame, but her face was blank, "You know this guy?" She didn't answer. "Forgot me already Ayame?" he asked, "I thought I told you to get it memorized." She gritted her teeth. "Axel." "So you do remember!?" he said dropping his hood revealing red spikey hair. "I'm so flattered."

"Mine!!" said another voice. Another person walked through the flames and stood beside the Axel person. He wore a black T-shirt, camo pants, and steel toe combat boots. He looked like someone I knew from home. No, it can't be him...

"Blayze?" I asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: sorry to ended it here guys. tried to keep typing, but once I got to a certain point it wouldn't let me >_< . so any way...ill start backup on it in chapter 7

sooooooo, until next time my friends

Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts