Chapter VII: Heart of Fire

A/N: here we go! new and improved chapter 8!! let me know what you think about this one ^.^

Re: Connect Kingdom Hearts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blayze stood there next to Axel. His hair was the color of dried blood, but in this sunset it looked like it was on fire. His yellow eyes were trained on me. I trembled slightly under his gaze. Blayze was always a scary dude, but this was just crazy. I let Oathkeeper fall to my side. "What did you do to him?" Axel raised his eyebrows, "Oh, you mean this? Would you believe we found him like this surrounded by a ring of fire." Blayze continued to look at me. He bared his teeth at me, like he was some kind of animal. I trembled slightly under his gaze. Ayame summoned Two Across and rested it on the back of her neck ready for if a fight broke out, but her eyes were more focused on Axel.

"Enough chit-chat." Axel said snapping his fingers opening a portal, "I'll leave these two too you Blayze, later." And with that, he walked through the portal. Ayame charged after him, but Blayze intercepted her as the portal closed. Blayze growled at the two of us. He extended his arm to his side and summoned a keyblade of his own. "Say hello to Tranquil Darkness." he said. (A/N: I’m not quite sure how to describe it, so I’ll try and post a pic of it later) He swung the blade at Ayame, but she blocked it with the flat of her blade. Gathering my senses, I rushed over to try and help her. His eyes turned to me and he shot a ball of fire at me. But instead of the normal orange color it was pitch black. I lifted Oathkeeper just in time to swat it away. I jumped and tried to bring my blade down on to Blayze, but he kicked Ayame away and brought Tranquil Darkness up to block it. Ayame clutched her stomach, but regained her composure and charged back in.

Blayze continued to block our advances from every side like they were nothing. A few times he would throw a punch that would catch me in my jaw, or his keyblade would strike my side. Ayame seemed to be able to hold her own against him, but I was struggling. I knew that Blayze was strong, but this was ridiculous. He threw another one of those black fireballs at me, but I was able to move out its way. Ayame grew impatient with all this and charged at him, their blades clashing together creating sparks. I saw an opportunity to attack him, and I took it. I charged at his side and swung Oathkeeper which connected with his open side. "Wake up you idiot!!" I yelled as my keyblade connected causing him to fly into a billboard.

After the dust cleared I saw that he was standing there...laughing? This guy was actually laughing! You would think he'd be groaning from the impact, but no, he was laughing. At his side I saw his keyblade begin to glow a bright sinister red. He raised it above his head, and then drove the tip into the ground. The earth shook violently like there was an earthquake causing the ground to crack and more of that mysterious black fire to erupt from the crevasses separating me from Ayame. I looked at the flames as they surrounded me.

There was no heat to them, but I knew if I were to touch it I would burn. The sound of his laughter brought me back from my thoughts as he emerged from the fire and strike and disappeared back into the flames. I heard Ayame cry out as she was struck, then he came back and hit me again. He continued to do this for several minutes until he finally killed his flames, returning them to his blade.

"Now, witness the true power of my Tranquil Darkness!" He aimed at the both of us and fired a mammoth sized ball of black fire. It was too wide to dodge and too big to block. All we could do was sit there as the fatigue from battle set in. So this is how it ends for me, huh? I thought to myself, Done in by someone I once called my friend. The feeling of being helpless caused anger to surge throughout my entire being. Oathkeeper felt hot in my hands. A memory surfaced to my mind...

--------------------------------------------

I stood at the end of the pier and watched as the new girl sat on the edge crying. At the age of five, I didn't know much about girls, but I knew I didn't like to see them cry. I walked over and sat down next to her, but it wasn't until I spoke that she acknowledged me.

"Are you okay?"

She turned to look at me. Her bright green eyes focused on me and made my heart jump. The tears slowly came to a stop as she began to wipe them away.

"Wh-who are y-you?" she asked.

I smiled at her, "My names Jake, what’s yours?"

"S-Sara,"

"So Sara, why you out here crying?" I asked.

Her eyes dropped to the calm ocean below, "All the kids in town keep teasing me. I'm new here so I don't really know anyone."

"Oh, so you’re the girl that just moved in next door!"

She glanced at me, "Next door?"

"Yeah!" I smiled, "Not only will I be your new neighbor, but I'll be your friend, and make sure no one picks on you again."

"Really?" her eyes lit up.

"Really. It’s a promise."

--------------------------------------------That was the promise that got me Oathkeeper. But if I couldn't protect Ayame, how was I ever gonna be able to protect Sara? Slowly I got to my feet with renewed strength. Oathkeeper shined bright at my side charged up with the burning desire to protect my friends. As the fireball drew closer I flipped Oathkeeper upside down into my backhand guard and charged the fireball head on. Once I was up close enough I raised Oathkeeper in an upstroke and hit it head on. I could feel the power of the attack push forward, but I put my all into this strike to push it back, and it worked.

The fireball pushed back and went flying back at Blayze. It hit him head on and wrapped him in those black flames. He let out an inhuman roar just as the fired died out leaving him lying there unconscious. I stood there panting and out of breathe. Ayame came and stood beside me looking down at Blayze. She looked Oathkeeper still in reverse guard.

"Why do you hold it like that?" she asked.

I looked down at it, then flipped it back into regular guard.

"It’s reverse guard, or more commonly called back-hand." I informed.

She nodded her head in understanding. Blayze groaned and moved around slightly in the rubble.

"So what do we do with him?" I asked.

"Beats me." she answered, "I say we take him to the ship and back to Hollow Bastion."

Sounded good to me. We walked up to him ready to pick him up when a mysterious figure showed up and attacked us. Oathkeeper came up to block the attack on its own. I saw Ayame's Two Across at her side as she rolled from under the attack on stood up. I pushed the blade up and rolled out of the way as he swiped at me with another. I stood up and looked at the mysterious figure and the two keyblades at his side. He wore a deep purple and black cloak. Its edges were torn and singed like it had been burned and there was an outline of a dragon coiling around. He had fingerless black gloves that were gripped tightly around those keyblades. One of them was blue with an unusually long reach. The teeth of the blade seemed to take the form of a fireball. Its hilt was squared off with a black handle. But this wasn't the one that worried me. Oh no, it was the one in his other hand. It was a mix of black and red that contrasted each other greatly. The blade had a sinister edge with all the sharp points throughout it making it seem deadly. The grip was made of a thin black wrap and the guard was made of two black angelic wings with red highlights mixed in. I'll admit; it was scary.

He had his hood up so I couldn't see his face, but I knew he was studying us. But his attention seemed to be more focused on Ayame.

"Who are you?" I said readying Oathkeeper.

He turned his head to me, "Does it really matter?"

He turned his attention back to Ayame, "It’s been a while...Ayame."

My eyes widen as I turned to Ayame and saw her trembling slightly as she addressed the new comer.

"Renxsuke." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: yes another cliffhanger. it just keeps you coming back for more. lol, but who do you think this mysterious new fella, Renxsuke is? And how does he know Ayame?

Come back to find out