Chapter 6

The next morning, I enter the dining hall with Jessica and Mazy beside me. Shawn, Taylor, and Jack J are sitting at a nearby table eating a delicious looking breakfast of eggs and bacon. Jack sees me getting in line for my food, and gives me a quick wink. I smile at him.  

By the time we sit down, the guys have finished their meals and started playing a game of BS. The girls observe in amusement as they try their best not to show that they're lying while setting their down their cards. I watch as the pile gets bigger and bigger.

"Two queens," Jack lies, and throws his cards onto the stack. I decide that now would be a good time to mess with him.

"Wait, those were kings, not queens Jack," I announce, with a fake sound of innocence. Jack looks at me with a 'Shut-Up' face.

"BS!" Shawn yells laughing. Jack grabs the pile and glares at me.

"Really? You will pay for that," Jack says shaking his head. I giggle and get out of my seat.

"I'm gonna go wake up Renee and Kelsey, anyone wanna come with?"

"I don't wanna move," Jessica replies.

"Me neither," Mazy agrees.

"Whatever lazy butts," I retort, and exit alone. The feeling of the cold summer breeze felt refreshing.

I should have expected it, but for some reason I was caught off guard when Jack runs up behind me and tickles my sides.

"NO! Jack please- don't- please- noooooo!" I squeal, trying to escape him.

"This is what you get!" he insists.

"I'm so- sorry," I gasp, and he stops.

"Good, now come here."

He pulls me behind the nearest building, and his lips connect with mine.

"I cant stop thinking about last night," he says.

"Me either."

"I'm sorry if it seemed like I took things to fast."

"It's fine, it's not like I tried to stop you."

"So were good? No awkwardness or anything?" He asks.

"No. Now where were we?"

He kisses me again, and I put my arms around his neck. I run my fingers through his blonde hair, and he moans into the kiss. I assumed that he liked that.

We break the kiss, and I tell him I need to go. I watch him go back into the dining hall, and sigh. What did I get myself into?

~~~~~

After lunch, Kelsey, Renee, and I went out to on a hike around the huge lake. Mazy obviously opted out, and Jessica said she needed a nap. I tried to get Jess to follow Mazy, having a pretty good feeling that she planned to spend some alone time with Taylor, and she said she'd think about it. I just hoped she would sacrifice a few minutes of sleep for some juicy information.

As we hiked along the trial, Kelsey and Renee ended up a ways ahead of me, talking about who knows what. That left me alone, and my mind began to wander. I tried focusing on the beautiful woods around me, but all I could think about was Jack. Something about him just drew me to him like a magnet. My mind kept replaying last night over and over again. I could still feel his big, calloused hands running up and down me.. his soft lips on mine..

"Lauren ?Lauren!" Kelsey's shouts pulled me from my thoughts, "We're gonna stop and take a drink of water.. What's going on with you? You seemed like you were on another planet."

"Oh, uh, just lost in nature I guess," I said with an awkward smile.

"Sure.." Renee said, both of them eyeing me. They definitely knew something was up.

As soon as we finished the trail around the lake, we started heading back to our cabin. We were just passing the bathroom when someone pulled us inside. We all spun around to see Jessica smiling like crazy.

"Oh my goodness, you guys will not believe what just happened!" She squealed, "I walked by the basketball courts, and Taylor and Mazy were shooting hoops, right. So I didn't think much of it until I saw Taylor lean down and KISS HER ON THE CHEEK!"

All four of us started jumping up and down and quietly screaming to ourselves.

"So do we tell her we know?" Renee asked as soon as we regained our composure.

"No no no, let her tell us. She hates it when people know her secrets. Just act completely normal. I promise you guys she will tell us sooner rather than later," I reply.

We all agree to play it cool, and scamper off to our cabin like a heard of excited puppies. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ

I'm finally finishing the book! It's been way to long, and I apologize to everyone who has been waiting.  Also, I've gone back and changed things up just a bit so you may want to read things again. Thanks for sticking around!

Be sure to check out my other books. Love you all!