Chapter 3

I was the first one out of bed the next morning. I hurried down to the bathrooms to take a shower before they were all taken. I washed my hair and body quickly, trying to spend as little time as possible in the freezing water. After drying off, I threw on a t-shirt and some jean shorts, knowing it would be warm. I brushed through my wet hair and put it up in a french braid. I was at camp, so make up was not necessary. For me at least. There were some girls curling their hair and doing their makeup, and I shook my head.  I don't think they realized that there efforts of looking good wouldn't last half the day.

When I got back to the cabin, every one was still asleep. It was 7 in the morning, so I decided they had enough rest.

"WAKE UP SLEEPY HEADS!" I yelled and shook everyone awake. I got some groans as replies.

"Come on, were meeting our partner cabin at 7:30 for team bonding, and I'm sure there will be some cute guys," I persuaded.

This got Mazy out of bed, and the rest followed shortly.

Once they were presentable, we hurried down to the low ropes course to meet our guy cabin. The low ropes were basically small challenges like getting your group from one tree to another tree by walking across a rope without anyone falling, and other team building exercises like that. We sat on a fallen tree and waited patiently for the guys to get here. We could hear them when they were 3 minutes away. They were all goofing off and pushing each other around. Finally, they entered the small clearing of tress where we were waiting.

Lets just say I was not disappointed at what I saw.

They were all smoking hot.

Both the girls and the guys stopped talking when we saw each other. Finally, Kelsey spoke up.

"Hey, you guys must be our partners. I'm Kelsey, and this is Renee, Jessica, Lauren, and Mazy." she said pointing to us.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Taylor, and these guys are Aaron, Shawn, Jack Johnson and Jack Gilinsky," He introduced.

We waved at each other, and they sat on the log across from us.

"We should get to know each other better before we start.  Why don't we go around and say our name and age," I suggest. They nod in agreement.

"Ill go first," Aaron states, "I'm Aaron, I'm 15."

We continue going around the circle.

"I'm Taylor, I'm 18."

"Shawn, 15."

"The cool Jack, 18." Jack J. says.

"The cooler Jack, I'm 17." Jack G retorts.

We laugh at the Jacks.

"I'm Mazy, I'm 17."

"Lauren, 17."

"I'm Renee, I'm 15."

"Jessica, 16."

"And I'm Kelsey, I'm 16."

When we finish we sit in an awkward silence. After about 4 seconds, we break into laughter and Shawn recommends we try the ropes challenge.

We line up at the starting point, and begin making a strategy on how to make it across.

"We all just run across the rope and hope for the best," Aaron suggests.

"That will never work," Jessica shakes her head, "I say we hold each other hands to make a chain all the way across, so there is always some one holding on to each end of the tree.  That way, if someone starts to fall, the other people will be there to pull them back up."

We nod our heads, and Taylor climbs onto the rope. Since he is the first one on the rope, he has to make it all the way across to the end of the tree without any help.  He barely makes it to the other side, and then extends his hand out as Kelsey scrambles across. Following her were Renee and Shawn. Only 4 people could fit on the rope at one time, so we took turns helping each other get to the end. Finally, Mazy, Aaron, Jessica, and and Jack G. made it across, leaving me and Jack J. He reaches the end, and reaches out his hand to me. I scoot across the rope, but my foot slips. I would have fallen if Jack wouldn't have grabbed me and pulled me back up. He drags me closer to him.

"You are not going to fall. I don't want to do this again," he says laughing. I giggle and agree.

We all do a cheer when we make it successfully to the end.

"What now?" Jessica asks.

"Well, our lessons on survival skills don't start until 8:00, so we have like 15 minutes left," Jack G. states.

"Race you suckers to the lake!" Taylor yells, and makes a break for the trail.

"No fair!" Jack J. shouts, and we all race down to the dock.

We make it to the dock, all of us panting, and sit down on the edge.

"That was pointless!" Mazy gasps.

"You could use the exercise," I tease.

"Was that a fat joke?" She acts offended.

"Yes, yes it was," I stick out my tongue and she gives me an evil glare. She kicks water at me, and it lands on my legs. I bend down and use my hand to return the splashing. To my misfortune, she ducks back and Jack J. gets a face full of water. He gasps at the sudden burst of cold and shakes his head.

"You're going down," he tells me, and walks over to me. I know what he intends to do, so I try to run away. It was too late.

He pushes me into the cold lake, and I resurface to find him laughing his butt off. I climb up and pull him in with me. He splashes me with water, and I mimic his actions. A splash goes off next to me, and I see Taylor in the water as well. Shawn stands on the dock laughing to. One by one, everyone gets pushed or pulled into the lake, and we are all cracking up. We have a water war, until the lifeguard comes to the dock and scolds us for breaking the rules. We all hold back giggles as we pull ourselves back onto the wooden dock, and retreat up to camp. All the way there, we are laughing and attempting to dry ourselves off before we have to go to survival skills.

I realized then and there that this was going to be the best month of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update! So no one requested any guys, and I wanted to write the next chapter, so I used my own choices.  Sorry!  Two things in need to say to you guys.  First of all, they aren't famous in this story, and secondly, I don't know their favorite colors in real life so don't judge! If I got any ages wrong, then let me know.  Thanks for reading! Please leave any feedback, I love hearing from you guys!