Chapter 5

I entered my cabin a little while later with a big smile on my face. Everyone else was chatting with one another. When they noticed me, they all went silent.

"What? Did I disrupt something?" I asked.

"No, but we heard that you were with Jack," Kelsey said with a huge grin on her face.

"How?" I asked, seriously creeped out.

"We got some inside information from Shawn," Renee said smiling as well. How did he know I would be down there?

"I told him you were an early bird," Mazy said answering my question. I shook my head at them and they giggled to themselves.

"So what happened?" Jessica asked and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Nothing," I lied, "But I did find out that someone has a crush on you Mazy." That completely changed the subject. They all swarmed around me like a pack of wolves.

"Who?! Is it someone from their cabin? Oh I hope its Aaron, he is so cute! Who is it, who is it, who is it?!" She asked me bouncing from excitement.

"I don't know, all he said was that someone thought you were cute. Guess you'll have to find out the rest."

She groaned and I stuck my tongue out at her.

The rest of the afternoon the five of us sat down by the lake shore and talked with each other. We got a chance to really bond with one another.

At about 2:00, the boys appeared down by the lake and decided to jump of the dock to impress us. We would give them rates on their tricks. Jack G did a back flip into the water, and we gave him a round of applause. Once they got cold from the lake water, they came up and joined us. I tried to decipher who liked Mazy by the way they acted around us.

"Give me a hug Lauren!" Jack J said and came up to me with open arms.

"No way, get away from me you're soaking wet!" I rejected. He ignored my plea and wrapped me in a damp hug. I struggled to get free from his grasp.

"Don't forget about our date tonight," he whispered in my ear. I got shivers from it. There was just something about his mysterious and seducing personality that attracted me to him. I nodded to him and he smirked.

We all sat in the grass and decided to play truth or dare. It was Mazy's idea, and I had a feeling I knew why. We played a couple rounds, and it was soon Mazy's turn.

"Taylor, truth or dare?" she asked.

"Um, truth." he replied.

"Who do you like?" she asked hopefully.

"Who do I like? Well I don't know.."

"Cough-wimp-cough," Aaron says very indiscreetly.

"Fine, it's you, are you happy?" he says to Mazy. She give him a small grin.

"I knew it," she says nonchalantly, although I know she is freaking out on the inside.

We all laugh, and continue our game.

~~~~~

It seemed like dinner didn't end soon enough. I hiked up to the cabin with the rest of the girls and changed into a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt to keep warm. I knew I had to think of an excuse to leave for awhile or Mazy and the other girls wouldn't let me hear the end of it. I pretended that my stomach was cramping up and made my escape.

"I don't feel good, I think I'm gonna go see the nurse," I inform them, and they nod there heads. I quickly make my way outside and down to the docks. The first thing I see is Jack J. standing on the edge of the water skipping stones.