Chapter 7

The next day was incredibly difficult for all four of us. We tried our best to contain our excitement, but Mazy was already getting suspicious of us. Around noon, we all put on our bathing suits and grabbed our towels to head down to the lake front. We laid out under the warm sun in an attempt to even out our tan lines, and hopefully get Mazy to spill the beans about her and Taylor. Luckily, we didn't have to wait long.

"So Maz, what did you do when we were on the hike yesterday?" Kelsey probed. We couldn't help but giggle a little. Mazy gave us weird looks, but eventually rolled her eyes and sighed.

"I was with Taylor," she said quietly, playing with a loose string on her towel.

"And..?" I poked further.

"And he kissed me on the cheek," she finally admitted. We squealed with delight, and she buried her head in her towel.

"You guys totally knew didn't you."

The four of us exchanged glances, and burst out laughing. Mazy shook her head and tried to act annoyed at us. Jessica gave her a playful shove and eventually joined in with the laughter.

"What's so funny?" We heard Jack G. ask. We look up to see Shawn and Taylor standing with him.

"Nothing," Renee said with a giggle, and winked at Taylor. His cheeks turned red and Mazy gave him an apologetic shrug.

"Whatever, let everyone know I like the cutest girl in camp," Taylor retorted, making us all coo at how cute they were. Mazy buried her head in her towel once again.

~~~~~

We all sat together at dinner that night, noticing how much Taylor and Mazy were flirting with each other. It was super cute, but also really annoying at the same time. We tried to ignore them feeding each other steak and mashed potatoes, and focus on our own conversation.

"Tomorrow we should all go out and canoe to this cool area I found on the lake. It has this cool rope swing," Aaron suggested. We all nodded in agreement as we continued to shove our faces full of food.

"We should probably go early in the morning so we don't have to worry about having a whole bunch of people there," Jessica pointed out.

"Good idea," Shawn agreed.

We all kept talking about tomorrows adventure, when I felt someones hand on my thigh. I looked to my right to see Jack smirking to himself. I subtly kick his legs in attempt to get him to remove it. He does, and I smile at my victory. I focus back in on the conversation, when I feel Jack put his hand back on my leg, then swiftly slide it up to my crotch. Completely caught off guard, I drop my fork and hit my knee on the table. Everyone stops talking and looks at me, confused.  All except Jack, who is grinning like and idiot.

"I thought there was a spider on my leg," I say, and they all laugh at me and continue on talking. I punch Jack in the leg and he chuckles.

"You know what, I say we challenge the ladies to a rematch after that fire-starting fiasco," Jack says, putting his arm around my chair and scooting it closer to his, "What do you say?"

"Please, you know I can beat you at making a fire in my sleep," I retort, pushing his arm off the back of my seat.

"I'm talking about a real challenge. Poker, Texas Hold-em. We all play, and if I guy wins, girls buy us ice cream from the shop, and visa-versa."

"I'm down," Renee says, and everyone else nods in agreement.

"Well then, let's get started."

~~~~~