Chapter 4

As expected, the rest of the day was super fun. We learned how to make a fire without matches, canoed around the lake, and to top it all off, we all headed down to the fire pits together. Most of the areas were already taken, so we got the one that was secluded from everyone else. I didn't really mind, because it was a lot more quiet.

"Well, who wants to make a fire for us?" Shawn asked us. We remained silent. "Fine, I'll do it!" he said rolling his eyes.

We watched intently as he struggled to get his fire going. He managed to produce a few sparks, but he was overall unsuccessful.

"Ill do it you wimp," Taylor teased, and moved him out of the way. Shawn sighed and joined the rest of the spectators on the log. No surprise to me, he failed at the task too.

"Men, please, let the lady do it," I said, and pushed him out of the way. 

"If you can start that fire then my names not Jack," Jack G. says. I give him a playful look of shock.

"Is that a challenge?" I question, and he nods.

"Sure. If you can't get the fire started, then all of the girls have to roast hot dogs for the guys. If, by some miracle, you do make a fire, then the guys will roast the hot dogs. Deal?"

He has no idea what he got himself into. 

All of my cabin mates, knowing that I have every survival skill mastered, giggled and nodded their heads. The guys did the same.

"You're on,"

Let's just say that we ended that night with some full girls, and some grumpy boys.

~~~~~

The rest of the week was a blast. The first week of camp is when we learn the basic survival skills we will need to use, and we get the second week off. Basically, the entire week was a time where the campers got to connect with nature. We got to go hiking, roast marshmallows, and play in the lake. It was my favorite week of camp.

This year of camp was by far one of the best I've ever had.  I've really connected with all the boys as well as the girls, and I was looking forward to just hanging out with them this next week.

I was the first one awake on Monday, and I didn't want to waste any of the precious daylight. I was happy to see that it was sunny outside, and I threw on some shorts and a t-shirt. I left my hair down In it's natural waves, and brushed my teeth. The morning air was relaxing, and it made me even more excited for the camping trip. I felt a connection with the outdoors, like it was my second home.

When I reached the great hall, I grabbed a few pancakes from the overflowing bin, and sat down at an empty table. There was only about 20 people awake, and I didn't know any of the them. I sighed and poured syrup over the fluffy cakes of goodness. 

"Mind if I sit here?" I heard a voice say from behind me. I look up to see Jack J standing there.

"Ya, it's not like this table if full of people," I said. He gave me a chuckle in response and sat across from me.

"So is this your first year at camp?" he asks me while taking a bite of his breakfast.

"No, its my 7th. You?" I respond

"My 9th." He says,

"Wait, I thought you said you were 18! How did you go for nine years if you have to be 10 to sign up?"

"I have my ways.. I got connections," He wiggles his eyebrows and I giggle. 

"So what, you bribed them? Lied about your age? Threatened to kill them all?" I ask. He flashes me a smile of his perfect teeth.

"Not quite.  My dad is their financial adviser."

"Well that's cool.  Wait if you've been going here for so long why didn't you make the fire that one night?"

"Oh I just really enjoy cooking hot dogs," He says sarcastically.  I giggle and we go back to eating the  remainder of our pancakes. 

"So, quick question.. Is your friend Mazy single?" he asks out of the blue. I got a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I didn't know why, it wasn't like a liked him.. I mean he is hot and all, but I have only known him for a week.

"Um, no, why?" I respond quickly.

"One of my friends thinks shes cute, and so he made me ask you."

I mentally sighed. He doesn't have a crush on my best friend.

"That's not the only reason you're sitting here right?" I questioned.

"No, I actually wanted to sit by you. You seem cool, and you aren't like other girls."

"How so?"

"Well, first of all, you actually want to come to summer camp. Most girls would rather die. Also, you aren't the kind of girl who throws themselves at guys. I appreciate that."

"Well I'm sure you're used to girls throwing themselves at you." I mumble to myself.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"No, tell me what you said," he demands smiling at me.

"I got to go back to the cabin," I say grabbing my plate and getting up, attempting to avoid him.

"Not until you tell me what you said first!"

I throw my plate into the dirty-dishes pile and sprint out of the building laughing as he chases after me. He catches me and grabs me by the waist. He spins me around so I'm facing him, and we both catch our breath.

"Why do you want to know so bad?" I ask.

"Its not necessarily what you said, it's the fact that you won't tell me that makes me want to know so bad."

"Touché."

He looks me in the eyes and smiles. I look back into his beautiful eyes, and find myself trapped in his gaze. I don't know if I imagine it, but he begins to lean in. He stops a few inches from my face and licks his lips.

"Meet me down by dock after dinner."

Then he's gone.

That was when I feel in love with Jack Johnson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the wait! Another update, and I have a lot to say.. First of all, thanks for the comments, you guys are awesome! I want to know from you guys who you think should have a crush on Mazy (They will get more written about them).  Also, I'm thinking about doing a Preference/Imagine book.  If you guys think I should, let me know.  And lastly, the picture of Jack J is sooooooo adorable!! Fetus Jack! Anyways, thanks again for all the support!

*Heads up: the next chapter has some adult content, so be warned!