Chapter 2

We registered at the front office, and the lady told us where our cabin was. Mazy was a couple feet behind me, trying not to collapse, while we hiked through the campground. She let out a cry of relief when we reached Cabin 7. We entered to find three other girls already sitting on their bunk beds.

"Please be good cabin mates, please!" I gave a silent prayer in my head. Last year, I was stuck with 4 annoying girls who just sat in the cabin complaining about everything. It was horrible.

"Hey, you must be the other cabin buddies, nice to meet you!" One with curly brown hair said with a smile.

"Nice to meet you to! I'm Lauren, and this is Mazy. What are your names?" I asked as Mazy and I set our bags next to the remaining two beds.

"I'm Kelsey, and those two idiots are Jessica and Renee," Her friends gave her a glare. I gave a relieved smile. They seemed like fun people. After hanging out and talking with them for awhile, I realized that the three girls were all very different. Kelsey was bubbly and happy, Renee was shy and quiet, and Jessica was brainy and helpful. It didn't take long for us to become friends. I was extremely happy that I had such a good cabin this year. The 5 of us talked until the bell rang, signaling the start of dinner. We made our way down to the great hall and helped ourselves to a meal of hamburgers and hot dogs. Once everyone finished eating, the camp manager began her welcome speech.

"Hello campers, welcome to Camp McAdams. I'm Sally McAdams, founder of this camp. We are happy that you are all here to experience all the activities and lessons we have to offer. Our goal is to make sure everyone leaves here with great memories and better camping skills." She said to us. She then went over the daily schedule, the rules, and everything else that the camp had to offer. I had already heard it all multiple times. When she ended her small introduction, though, one thing caught my attention.

"To test the skills you have acquired during your stay at camp, we have added a new event. The last week of camp, you will be hiking up the mountain and camping in the wilderness. Your cabin will be paired with another cabin of the opposite gender, and the group of ten campers will go up together and spend the week like real adventurers. We know you will have fun, and wish you the best of luck. Now, off too bed!"

I was ecstatic! How can this get any better? A whole week of camping sounded like heaven on earth for me. Mazy, however, was not as amused. The four of us girls couldn't stop talking about it, while she groaned.

After we brushed our teeth and changed, we hopped into our sleeping bags and talked until we fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the delay.  Another short chapter, but I will make the next one longer.  This was kind of a transition.  I'm putting the Jacks in the next chapter, but I want to add three of the other boys to.  Who do you guys want it to be? Preferably not Nash, Cam, or Matt because they were in my last story, but let me know.  Thanks for the reads and votes, love you!!