Chapter 1

I've never met someone who doesn't like summer. What is there to hate? It's warm, there's no school, and you have an overall sense of freedom. For me, that freedom comes from one thing: Camp McAdams.

Every since I was 10 years old, I went to Camp McAdams. It isn't just a dumb summer camp with crappy food, annoying cabin mates, and too many bugs, it was so much more. It was a time for me to just let loose and have fun. I love everything about that Summer Camp, which is why I still go, even though I am 17.

This camp isn't like normal Summer Camps. It is a survival camp, where you learn how to go camping the real way. I'm talking making fire without matches and bathing in the river type of camping. I always loved camping, so I begged my mom to sign me up as soon as I was eligible. I've gone every year since.

I looked forward to the one month getaway that only came once a year in August. Its the only thing that kept me going through the school year. Now, it was finally here.

~~~~~

"That's the last of the bags! No come on, lets get going," I said to my best friend Mazy. She sighed.

"I can't believe you convinced me to come to this stupid camp with you, Lauren. You know how much I hate camping!" she whined.

"This camp isn't stupid Maz! You'll have fun trust me. There are probably some cute boys too," I replied and gave her a playful nudge.

"Fine! But you have to come shopping with me before school starts!" she bargained. I groaned, but excepted. If there was one thing I hated more than school, it was shopping.  I'm obviously not much of a girly girl.

We both got into my car, and began our 3 hour trip to the campground. She spent the entire trip telling me all the latest drama that had happened over summer break and I half listened. She was also using for phone for as long as she could before we lost service.

"Going to Camp McAdams with @LaurenBear, hope I don't get eaten alive by bugs!" She said out loud while typing in her tweet.

"You're a wimp," I laughed at her and she glared at me.

After what felt like forever, we finally made it, and we pulled our bags out of my trunk. My heart started beating faster as we walked through the wooden arch way. A sign was suspend from it, showing off the name Camp McAdams.  I was finally home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Had a little bit of trouble loading the book, but here it is! This is a short intro, but it will get better as the story goes on.  Hope you guys like what is there so far:) If you haven't already, you should check out my other story Protecting Nash.  It would mean a lot to me! Thanks for reading:)