Epilogue - Fang And Fur

~~~

As Taehyung holds off your pursuers, you and Jungkook race to safety. How it all ends is up to you. 

~~~

Your Point Of View

The world jolts around me as i fly up the tunnel on Jungkook's back.

Close your eyes. There are some vampires up ahead.

I do as he says, fear coiling in my gut while there's a thud, a crack, a splat and a thump.

Then the smell of vinegar and copper hits my nose and i swallow back bile.

I can't believe we just left Taehyung back there ...

When i've finally recovered from the stench and the fear, i squeeze Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook, please, put me down. We need to go back for Taehyung!

No, Y/N. I'm sorry. He stayed back so that you could escape. Don't waste his sacrifice.

He meant the words to be reassuring, but it twists the knife of guilt in my gut. Is Taehyung dead because of me? 

I cling to Jungkook's back for another long sprint, unshed tears burning my eyes.

~~~

After what feels like hours, we find ourselves in a lighter section of the tunnels, bathed in moonlight.

Jungkook ... If Taehyung survives this, promise me you won't get after him.

Something flashes onver his face, but it's gone before i can read into it too deeply.

Just as long as he doesn't attack anyone.

Yah, Jungkook!

I don't mean to interrupt this reunion ...

We both whirl around to find Sowon standing beneath an open manhole.

... But where do you think you're going?

Sowon, you shouldn't be here. I don't want you to get hurt.

Sowon laughs.

Now you're concerned for my welfare? After you scarred me for life and killed my adopted father?

She's got a point.

I'm done with your sympathy.

It's not like i can beat her physically. I'd only be getting in the way and totally useless ... But that doesn't mean i can't use my other skills ...

It's time for you to die, Jungkook!

She lunges at his throat with open claws. No!

Sowon, you may as well give it up. Jisoo's already dead.

It works as she releases Jungkook and files at me instead. Within seconds, she's pinning me against the wall with an impossibly strong forearm.

Jungkook starts towards me, but Sowon holds up her hand to stop him.

Come any nearer and i'll gut her.