Syzygy

~~~

You're finally reunited with Taehyung, but the reunion is bittersweet. Faced with an impossible choice between the man you love and the man who claims to be your soulmate, you can't help but feel you're bound for heartbreak either way.

~~~

But i need to be there for him. And we both need time to decide who it is we really want. 

~~~

Author's Point Of View

She's dreaming again, seeing the world through Jungkook's eyes.

Jungkook's Point Of View

I'm pinning Sowon against an alley wall. 

The vampire hunters Jin and Namjoon stand nearby.

So, are we squared? 

I turn my gaze on Jin. He's leaning against the alley wall, a cigarette dangling from his lips.

I wanted Jisoo. 

This one's nice too, though ... 

You said you wanted her for questioning. 

A plume of smoke rises lazily from Jin's lips as he shrugs.

Something tells me this one'll have the answers you're looking for.  

I'll pay you if she has anything useful. 

I'm not telling you anything, mutt! 

I growl as i return my attention to Sowon.

Your mother is a monster. And she needs to pay for what she's done. 

You're the monster, Jungkook. 

I haul Sowon up by the collar of her dress and slam her back into the wall. Her face screws up in pain, but her gaze remains defiant.

How can you speak to me of monsters when you kill and feed on humans in order to survive? 

Sowon rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

Our practices have changed over the decades. But you wouldn't know that. You're too concerned with trying to destroy us. I am sorry for your loss, but i cannot bring back your soulmate. 

I don't need you to bring her back. She is back. 

Confusion pulls at her brow as she considers my words.

Y/N is a human. I can smell her on you. How can she be your mate? 

It's no concern of yours. 

No matter. She'll die by your hands before other can ever get to her. I'm sure of that. You're too set on your pointless revenge, Jungkook. It'll get everyone you love killed. 

Before i know what i'm doing, i let out a roar. Sowon cries out as my claws stripe her face. She blinks at me in horror, blood running down her cheeks. 

Namjoon gasps. 

Even Jin looks stunned.

I can't believe i lost control like that ... I take a step back, guilt and dread warring in my gut.