Panzer Vor!

A week after Ben and Yukari's 'date', they now prepared for their first real Tankery match.

During the time since they'd started Tankery, they'd practiced quite a bit, and now the time had come for their try out match against the other 9 Tankery teams.

Once 5 of the tanks and their crews had been eliminated, the remaining 5 would become the schools Tankery team. With the winning tanks commander becoming the overall commander of Ooarai's Tankery team.

Ben's crew now gathered around their tank in the tank sheds, waiting for him to arrive and their match to start.

"I'm so nervous!" Oryou said shakily, "What if we lose after all our time and effort?..."

"Don't worry Oryou! We'll be fine~" Caesar retorted.

"Of course we will! German engineering will not let us down~" Erwin added, a large smile on her face.

Despite the relative confidence among the Crew, Yukari's face was formed into a small frown.

"W-What if I, I fail a-again..." She said softly, looking down at the ground.

She was deep in thought and only looked up once she felt a warm hand softly rest on her shoulder.

"You'll be brilliant~ You always have been and you always will be~" He said confidently as Yukari turned and looked up at him.

She didn't respond, she only gave him a soft smile. For the first time having the confidence to look him directly in the eye, an action that was copied by Ben.

This moment however was broken by Erwin gasping when she saw him...

"W-What are you wearing commander?!" She asked as her eyes grew wide.

"I got us some uniforms made, and this is my commanders uniform. What do you think?" Ben responded as all the others looked his way.

Yukari herself hadn't noticed this and her eyes too, grew wide upon seeing his uniform. He wore a black Panzerwaffe uniform and officers cap, with a pair of binoculars hanging from his neck.

"Y-You look great~" Yukari said as she looked up and down at him in his uniform.

"Thanks~" He replied with a smile, "I got them for all of you though~"

"R-Really?", all four other crew members asked in unison.

"Of course here they are. Why don't you go try them on~"

The girls quickly took the uniforms from him and went away to put them on. As they returned Ben  was studying a map when he looked up to see the four of them walking towards him in their uniforms, nodding his head to himself as a way of acknowledging that they looked good.

"She looks even better in uniform..." He whispered to himself as the girls approached him.

"Are we ready to have our first match then commander?" Caesar asked with a smile.

"Of course~" Ben replied.

"Before we start, do you have any words for us commander?" Erwin asked, looking at him expectantly.

"Uh...I suppose so" He said softly as he climbed onto the tank in front of the girls.

"When I first came here I never would've imagined that I'd be standing here in a tank uniform about to command a tank in a battle, its a pleasant surprise for sure. I could go on for ages about what we should do in today's battle, but instead I'd just like to thank you all. You've all been so kind an accepting to me, helping me acclimate to this new school and to make new friends in all of you. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I will always cherish the memories of the times we've spent together, they truly have been the best moments of my life~" He said with a wide smile as the girls listened intently to his speech.

Yukari especially was paying attention and bit her lip when Ben looked her in the eye as he was saying the last sentence of his speech. As he did, she felt her heart begin to flutter, as the memories of the time they had spent together came flooding back. "I have to tell him" she resolved to herself as she smiled back at him softly.

After he finished his speech he was met with applause from all the girls, as he got into the commanders hatch and yelled, "Alright lets go win a Tankery match!"

"Yeah!", the four girls replied as they all got into their positions within the tank.

After this, they rolled out of the tank shed and to their designated starting point. 

After a short time, a signal flare was fired into the air, signalling the start of the match.

"Panzer Vor!" Ben announced into his radio, as he stood standing out of his commanders hatch.

He then felt the tank begin to move slowly down the wooded road ahead of them.

After heading down the road a bit, Ben ordered the tank off the road and into some bush that overlooked a large open pasture. From this position only the Panzer IV's gun was poking out of the tree line, and he had a clear view of the open area before him.

After waiting a short time, he saw a tank approaching through his binoculars, "Type 89, 10 o'clock" he said calmly.

"Yukari, load an AP round"

"Okay!" she replied as she loaded a round and closed the breach, "round up!"

"Good. Erwin, track that tank and fire at will!"

"You got it!" She replied, firing a few seconds later.

The shell hit the tanks side armour and penetrated it, a white flag soon rising from the smoldering wreck.

"Well done everyone!" Ben announced to his crew as they all congratulated each other.

---Timeskip---

After a long drawn out battle, and having destroyed two tanks, the Panzer IV was one of only two tanks remaining.

Ben could see the remaining approaching from in front of him from across a very large open field. It was a Sherman commanded by the Blonde who had insulted Yukari. He flinched when he realised this, but kept his composure as he watched the tank approach.

"Shall we move up commander?" Oryou asked

"No, hold this position. Their gun can't penetrate our armour at this distance, but we can penetrate their's..."

---Blonde POV---

"I've got you now!" The blonde yelled as she ignorantly ordered her gunner to fire prematurely...

---Ben POV---

The shell fired from the Sherman bounced off the side of the Panzer IV, shocking the Blonde in the process.

"Erwin! Fire now!"

"My pleasure~" Erwin said as she fired the main gun, winning the match...

---Timeskip---

After the match had ended the crew drove the tank back to the tank shed and all got out of the tank. 

"That was amazing commander!" Erwin yelled as all the girls gathered around him.

"I suppose so. You guys did all the work though~" Ben retorted

"You deserve some credit too~" Caesar added.

After a long celebration, the girls then went out of the tank shed into another room to change back into their uniforms...

As they returned, they saw him standing at the door of the tank shed with his hands behind his back, looking out into the training yard at the setting sun.

"We actually did it~" he said, chuckling to himself.

Seeing that he was alone, Yukari walked towards him tentatively, wanting to show him how thankful she was for all that he had done. Hearing her approach, he turned around and was met with a warm embrace by Yukari.

He was surprised at first, but then wrapped his arms around her back and held her tightly. The rest of the crew looked on with smiles on their faces as the pair hugged each other in the light of the setting sun...