The History Club

After a few minutes of waiting and light discussion, the club room door swung open and two girls strolled in.

"Ah, so now you two are here, I'd like to introduce you to our newest club member" Riko said gesturing towards me as she spoke.

"Hello~" Ben replied cheerfully "I take you two are Takako and Takeko?"

"Hey, yeah that's us. I'm Takeko and this is Takako" She replied as they all shook hands.

"So what area, of history are you interested in Ben?" Takako asked as they all sat down around a desk.

"World war two" he replied softly.

"Ah, a competitor for Erwin then~" Takako joked

"Erwin?" He  asked quizzically looking at all three of the girls.

"Oh, thats right. You wouldn't know yet" Takeko added "We all go by nicknames based on the time period we are most interested in"

"Oh, thats cool" He replied, smiling.

"Yeah, let us show you~" Erwin said as they all go up and moved into the storage area of the room.

"Show me?" Ben mused to himself, while turning towards the storage room door.

"First up is me, Oryou, the hero of the Meiji Restoration!" Takeko proudly announced as she stepped out of the storage room, wearing a jacket inspired by ancient Japanese clothing.

"Next is me, Caesar, emperor of the mighty Roman empire!" Takako announced resting her right foot on a chair while rising her right hand into the air in a fist. She was wearing long red scarf draped around her neck like the outfits of Roman emperors of old.

"And lastly... Me, Erwin, Commander of the Ghost division and the Africa Korps, The great and powerful Desert Fox". Despite liking all of their costumes, Ben liked Erwin's the best, she came out wearing a German officers coat and peaked hat, both in desert camouflage.

"Hahaha, amazing, I love it!" Ben said, rising to his feet in applause. "You guys go all out. With the persona's, the uniforms, its great!"

"I'm glad you like it Ben! That just leaves one thing..." Erwin said trailing off.

"What's that?" He asked, wondering what she meant.

"We need a name for you of course!" Caesar chimed in, Erwin nodding as she said it.

"Oh, well since Erwin is already doing such a great job emulating my favorite historical character, I'll have to think of someone else then" Ben responded smiling back at the three girls with a confused look on his face.

"Well let me know when you do then!" Erwin replied.

For the rest of the free lesson, Ben and the girls talked about all sorts of things (mostly history), until the bell rang and lunch time started.

Although he'd been to the cafeteria before he still needed help from the history club members to guide him back there.

"We need to go hand in an assignment, we'll see you two later" Said Caesar as she left with Oryou.

"Okay catch you guys later" said Erwin, as she and Ben waved them off.

"Lets go find Yukari, Ben" Erwin said, he nodded to her as they walked through the cafeteria until he saw a familiar pile of fluffy brown hair above the back rest of a chair in the cafeteria.

Ben and Erwin then moved over to where Yukari was sitting, Erwin slid into the seat next to Yukari and Ben sat opposite of her.

"Oh, hey Riko a-and B-Ben" Yukari greeted, trying not to look nervous in front of him, who by this time was starting to get over some of his nerves of being near her (some of them at least...).

"So what did you end up doing last free period Ben?" Yukari asked, looking across at him but still avoiding eye contact.

"I ended up joining Erwins club"

"Oh really? Thats great, I know you like history so I suppose it makes sense that you would join the history club"

"Yeah, I look forward to it, it should be fun!" Ben said with conviction in his voice.

As usual the time just seem to fly by as Ben spoke to Erwin and Yukari about all sorts of things as they ate their lunch.

When the bell rang to signal the end of lunch time, The three got up and separated. Ben went with Yukari to their language lesson and Erwin went off to her language lesson.

After a anxiety ridden walk, for both of them. They arrived and started the lesson.

"Hey Yukari, can you help me with this? It refers to what you did before I came here" He asked completely confused by what was in front of him.

"Oh, of course. You do it like this" Yukari said as she leaned over onto Ben's desk and showed him how to do it. Ben smiled at her the whole time, not just because he was close to her but because of how cute she looked when she was focused on teaching something.

"So, do you think you ca-" Yukari stopped herself once she realised that she was about two inches from Ben's face and he was looking directly into her eyes. "A-a-ah" she stuttered as she moved back to her seat, a large blush on her face. "I-I-I'm s-sorry" Yukari softly said, a frown forming on her face.

Ben was surprised to see this "Why are you sorry Yukari? You just helped me heaps"

"I shouldn't have gotten that c-close to you, I-" She said before she was cut off

"I don't mind that, you were just trying to help me. I'd be completely lost without your help" He said putting his hand on her shoulder trying to reassure her.

"A-ah" Yukari stuttered not knowing how to respond, her old friends used to get angry at her for doing such things, even if it was accidentally. But she trusted him so she accepted what he said.

"Okay, well your welcome then~" she responded a smile returning to her face.

"There you go, much better~" Ben said with a wide smile on his face

"What do you mean?" Yukari asked tilting her head, not having any idea what he was on about.

"You look better with that cute smile than with a frown" Ben said feeling the heat once again rise to his face as he tried to remain calm after what he had just said.

"A-ah" Yukari once again didn't know how to respond all she could do was stutter as the blush on her face grew.

This awkward moment however, was broken by the ringing of the bell signalling the beginning of the last period of the day. Upon checking his timetable, Ben saw that he once again had a free period, or in other words a lesson with the History club.

"I-I need to get going" Yukari said as she hurriedly packed up her things "I'll see you later Ben~" Yukari said, smiling over her shoulder as she left.

"I think that went well... " He mused to himself as he headed to the History club meeting room.

Yukari's Greatest Battle (Yukari, Girls und Panzer)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें