The Second Meeting

Steve- It had been a good week or so since you had seen that man you had bumped into on your first day to work. But that didn't stop you from thinking every moment about him. Everywhere you went, you found yourself looking for him. You tried to concentrate on your work, but he seemed to be every face that passed by. 

You really missed him, even if he had only been there for a moment. He was so nice, and so handsome! And, as you had found out later, he was one of the Avengers: Captain America! 

This, of course, didn't really matter to you. You tended to look on the inside of people, not their titles. 

You were walking home from work, as you always did, staring at the cracked sidewalk that passed by. You felt sprinkles of rain on your neck, but you didn't really care. Today, you were especially depressed. You didn't look at anyone, nor did you wave at any of the cars, like you normally did. Today, you did not want to be disturbed. 

Finally, it started pouring and you were forced to start running home. It was still another five blocks, so you tried to hail a cab. As expected, none of them saw you, and you sighed and started sulking away. 

Just when you were about to duck into a café to wait out the storm, something above you stopped the rain. You impatiently turned around, ready to give that person a piece of their mind, when your mouth glued itself shut. It was him.  It was Steve! Holding an umbrella above you! 

You continued to stare at him as he cleared his throat. 

"I thought this might help, ma'am." You just stare, not noticing him talk to you. Then, without thinking, you give him a big hug. He grunts with surprise, but then, managing to maintain the umbrella, hugs you back. You squeal on the inside. He was hugging you! 

He finally lets go, and looks at you. "Do you want me to walk you home?" He offers. You hesitate, then nod your head. He holds out his arm, and you link yours with his. Together, you walk back to your apartment, him commenting on how wet you are only a dozen times. 

Once you make it back, he awkwardly tries to leave. You insist he comes in, and he obliges. He is forced to duck underneath the low doorway. You giggle to yourself. He is a tall fellow. 

You invite him to sit down, then quickly rush off to the bathroom to dry up. You shred your wet clothes and step into the shower. You wonder if he'll be uncomfortable with it, but decide that he wouldn't say anything anyway. 

After drying off, you rush to your room, put on some cute clothes, and walk back out, trying not to jump up and down in excitement. He was in your house! He was standing, talking, breathing in your house! 

He clears his throat when you continue to stare at him. You shake your head slightly, and awkwardly ask him if he wants a drink. He nods and agrees on a coffee. You skip into the kitchen, and start the coffee-maker. You look in the fridge, but close it, terrified. You were out of milk! And you knew you didn't have enough money for more. 

You go back out, your head down, and tell him that you're out of milk. He just laughs, making you raise your head. He says he doesn't mind, and you smile, despite yourself. 

Once the coffee's made, you both sit on the couch, sitting a little too close together. You turn on a movie, not really knowing why. You also don't know why you picked The Notebook. No idea whatsoever. 

About halfway through the movie, you notice him glance at you, and slowly slide his arm around you. You blush a deep pink, but don't argue. After a few minutes, you rest your head on his shoulder. He doesn't complain. 

At the end of the movie, you're knotted together in a complicated cuddle. When he sees you notice, he blushes slightly, and disentangles himself from your grasp. You look up, slightly sad, but try not to show it. He glances into his mug, noticing that it's empty. You raise an eyebrow, confused, until he smiles.