Quirks You Do That He Loves

Steve- No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't stop doing it. It was worse than a habit; it was a tick. Ever since you were little, you would tap your fingers against your palm, typing out Morse Code or number sequences. Once you learned to type on a keyboard, you were typing words, then sentences, then just pieces of conversations. You didn't know why you did it, but it kept your mind busy when you were trying to focus so you didn't fight it much.

You tried your best to hide it from Steve, but it all came spilling out one day. You were holding hands while walking to an ice cream shop for a treat, and you felt the twitching starting to come up. When Steve looked at you, you tried to hide the agony on your face with a smile. He would shrug and continue on, but your fingers were itching to move.

You entered the shop, and Steve started ordering. As the conversation between the cashier and Steve continued, the word "chocolate" pricked your ear, and your index finger twitched the letter c. Steve paused to glance at you, then continued ordering. Another word, "cone," caused your ring finger to twitch o. Again, Steve looked at you with concern but you waved it off. Finally, the orders were ready, and when the cashier said "Enjoy your ice creams," your fingers sprung into action, typing out each word and ending with a period. You sighed with relief, then froze as you realized that Steve's hand had left yours. You looked hesitantly up at him, to find that he was staring at you with obvious apprehension.

Grabbing your ice cream, you tore out of the shop, tears beginning to streak down your cheek. Did Steve think you were a freak now? Would he ever talk to you again? Did you have a condition, and if so, why hadn't you treated it before?!

As these thoughts swarmed your brain, a hand latched itself onto your wrist, causing you to jerk back. You look back, and see the same caring blue eyes that you had loved for so long. Now you wonder if those same eyes loved you back. You stare at the ground, ashamed, until Steve's soft finger lifts your gaze back up to him.

"Why did you run off like that?" He asked, smiling kindly. You try to hold back your tears.

"I couldn't help it. I'm so sorry!" Your tear dam breaks, and you bury yourself in Steve's shoulder. "I've had it all my life. I can't control it! I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." You feel Steve chuckle, and sniff as his arm surrounds you.

"Oh, you mean when you tapped against my hand? That was nothing. I was just wondering why you were tapping 'Whales don't cool off in public.'" You stare at him in confusion.

"I wasn't typing Morse Code, Steve." You almost smile as his face turns red. He puts a hand behind his head.

"O-oh! Sorry about that! I thought for sure that-" You cut him off with a kiss. When you break apart, you sigh.

"I think we both need to be more honest with each other." Steve nods.

"Yeah, I think we do."

Tony- If there was one thing you could choose not to have in your life, it was your quirk; your stupid, unstoppable quirk. You had tried to break the habit over a million times, but nothing worked. Sure, no one ever found out about it, but it was still embarrassing to think about.

You loved to tap your teeth to the beat of music. Whether it was rock, dubstep, or even polka, you clicked your teeth. Sometimes your teeth would even act as drums. You would crash your front teeth like cymbals, pump your molers like a bass drum. Your incisors were your snares, and of course, your tongue was the crowd.

Sometimes your coworkers would look at you funny as you clicked to the beat of the overhead music. Once you noticed, you would engage them in conversation, and they usually forgot. But, now that you're with Tony, you knew it wouldn't be a secret for long.