When You First Meet

Steve Rogers- You were walking as fast as you could in your new heels. It was even harder with the large briefcase, office attire, and a steaming coffee in your hand. You were already late as it was, and you were for sure the boss would fire you for being late to your own interview! You needed this job so bad, and you were about to blow it! 

While you weren't looking, a man stepped out in front of you, and you ran right into him. The coffee splashed all over your white shirt, the contents of your briefcase went flying, and you almost landed on your face. Suddenly, a pair of strong hands place themselves underneath you, holding you steady. They slowly lifted you back up, and you got a good look at your rescuer. 

He was a well-built man, but he dressed casually. A plain white t-shirt, covered partly by a leather jacket, took up his torso. He also wore a pair of worn cordouroy pants, and polished cowboy boots. He reminded you of an urban cowboy. He was currently grabbing all your papers before they blew away, tucking them safely in your briefcase. The locks clicked shut, and he got up to give you the case. You stood there, fixated. 

He had the most chiseled face you had ever seen. High cheekbones, pointy nose, almost square ears; this man was quite a looker. A tuff of cute blonde hair sat atop his large tan head. 

Embarrassed by the staring, he placed the handle of the case in your hand. You take it without noticing. He reached up to scratch the back of his head. 

"Sorry about your shirt," he said. You look down. You had completely forgotten about the coffee. And, honestly, you didn't care. 

"Oh, d-don't worry ab-bout it!" You stutter. My gosh, he looked amazing when he blushed. 

He points at the empty cup in your hand. "I can buy you another one, if you want." You quickly shake your head. 

"Oh, no! No need for that. Just...um..." You trail off as your eyes trace his shape. He had quite the build. The man tried to change the subject. 

"I'm Steve Rogers, ma'am." He held out his hand. You take it gently, telling him your name. 

"Well, I'm glad I met you," he replies. His face suddenly changes expression. "Why were you in such a hurry?" 

Your brain lurches to a halt. Oh, shoot! You're super late! You quickly try to say bye as you start running again toward your job. Hopefully, you didn't come on too strong. 

Tony Stark- You knew the three men had been following since you had left the music store. You tried to act natural, but they had been coming closer when the sun had set. You quickened your pace, but they only got closer, until you had no choice but to duck into an alley, hoping they didn't follow you. 

You turned around, realizing that it was a dead end. Of course it is, you thought. It always is. A shiver ran through your spine as you spotted three huge shadows closing in on you. You closed your eyes, hoping it was all just a dream. 

A cold metal touched your neck, and tears started to fall down your cheeks. It was a knife, and you were going to be killed. You never thought it would end like this. There was nothing you could do, and you waited for the blade to turn and it could all be over. 

Suddenly, a blast of wind hit you, and it pushed you against the wall. In the blur, you see the three shadows retreat. You looked up, and a red glint caught your eye. Then a voice spoke, and your heart skipped a beat. 

"I hope you all realize how much trouble you three can get in if you are caught killing this girl." You hear something whirring in the thing in front of you, and an arm extends. Without thinking, you grab the leg of your savior. You hear a chuckle.