Your Nightmare (Being Rewritten)

Steve- You stand there petrified as Steve looks at you, his hands in his pockets and a disinterested look on his face.

"But...why?" You manage to croak with the large knot that had grown in your throat. Tears were pouring down your face and your hands were trembling. Why would he do this? After all you'd been through together?

"I just don't care about you anymore," Steve stated bluntly. "You're not as interesting as you used to be." You sob loudly and cover your eyes with your hands.

"You're really leaving me?" You ask through your hands, opening your fingers slightly to look at him. He smiles and opens his arms.

"Yeah, I'm a free man once again! And I had to fight for this freedom," he adds with a wink. You scoff through the tears, and wipe your nose with the back of your hand.

"You're a bastard," you say, scowling. Steve's eyes glint with a certain evil glee.

"But you fell in love with this 'bastard', didn't you?" He turns and starts to walk away, his footsteps echoing in your head. You collapse to your knees, crying and feeling like the world is spinning around you and melting through your fingers.

You lurch up in bed, screaming, "Nooo!" Your head swings left and right, assuring yourself that you are in your bedroom, then you rest your elbows on your knees and rub your eyes, sighing. As soon as you woke up, the memory of the dream begins to fade, but you remember exactly what it was about: Steve was leaving you. The thing that boggled you the most was why you were so scared about that.
                                                                -----------------------------------------------

You walk to Steve's house the next morning and knock lightly on the door. He opens it almost immediately, and smiles as he sees you. "Hey, Y/N! What you doing up at this hour?" He laughs softly, but soon stops when he sees your downcast gaze. He takes your chin lightly and lifts your head. "Hey, what's wrong?" You hesitate, staring into his intense blue eyes before lurching forward, wrapping him in a tight hug and burying your head into his chest. He quickly wraps his strong arms around you and picks you up with ease, carrying you into the living room and setting you on the couch gently. Once he makes sure you're properly seated, he sits down and keeps one arm protectively around you. Again, he asks, "What's wrong?" You wipe a stray tear from your face and tell him about your dream.

Once you're finished with your story, you break down crying once again and he puts his other arm around you, pulling you into him. His hand rests on the back of your neck while his chin rests on your head. He strokes your back as you soak his shirt, and he doesn't say anything. You finally manage to pull away, wiping your eyes with your jacket sleeve and giving him a weak smile. He smiles at you and gives you one last squeeze. You hug him, genuinely smiling to yourself. You were so lucky to have your captain.

Tony- You found yourself on top of Stark Tower, which wasn't such a surprise since Tony brought you up there all the time to have some "alone time." You loved the wind on your face and the sparkle of the stars. However, what you felt was anything but bliss, because you weren't on the patio; you were on the very edge of the building.

You shrieked and waved your arms frantically, trying to move your feet off of the edge and onto safe ground; but you wouldn't budge. More screaming followed as you started to tip over the edge. This was it; your suicide.

Any kind of sound was cut off as you plummeted down the side of Stark Tower. Your fingers grabbed at the tower, but you only succeeded in cutting your hands with the jutted glass. Tears fell from your face and up away from you, and you desperately tried to stop your fall by flapping your arms.