The Date (Pt. 1)

Steve- You ran around your room like a maniac, trying to get everything ready.  You fixed your already-perfect hair.  You smoothed your wrinkless dress.  You flicked a speck of dust off your shiny-black shoe.  You caught a look at yourself in the mirror, and stopped.  Despite all your fussing, you really did look nice.  Your makeup was done by your dear friend, as she was so much better at it.  The dress was also from her.  You didn't usually own nice things.

A knock at your door caused your heart to leap out of your chest and onto the white carpet.  Trying to maintain a calm attitude, you answered the door.  You smiled pleasantly when you saw that more-than-perfect face that was your date.  Steve Rogers was the most handsome man you had ever met, and that was saying something!

You kind of stared at your shoes as he continued to stare at you, not saying a word.  He was smiling, but you still blushed with embarrassment.  Finally, you cleared your throat, and he laughed a little.

"So, where are you taking me?" You asked kind of rudely.  He chuckled again.

"Oh, someplace very special," he responed kindly.  You smiled pleasantly this time, and took his outstretched hand.  Helping you out the doorway, and closing the door behind you, you began your walk down the street, you huddling tightly to his side, as you didn't bring a jacket.  Him, on the other hand, had dressed in a full black suit, complete with a lily in his chest pocket.  He looked over at you.

"That dress is beautiful."  You blush and look down.  It wasn't too bad.  It was a knee-high red dress, silky and flowing near the bottom.  You had paired it with a ruby necklace and black high-heeled platforms.  Even with an extra three inches, you didn't come close to Steve's height, which was fine with you.  You snuggled your head against his shoulder until he put his arm around you.  Aah, that was much better.

When you finally stopped, you looked around to see where you were.  What met your eyes was one of the most expensive restaurants in the city!  Steve removed his arm and once again took your hand in his, and led you through the doorway.  The smell hit you like the most delicious steam train in the world.  Garlic, pepper, and spices you couldn't even recognize.  Fresh bread.  Hot, bubbling tomato sauce, topped with fancy parsely.  This was your kind of Italian.

A kind waitress in a flowing black skirt and white top greeted us.

"Name?" She asked.  You paused and looked around anxiously.  You were supposed to reserve seats?  You looked fearfully at Steve, but he just smiled politely.

"Rogers, please."  You gasped, and Steve looked down.  You tried to smother your expression, but you could hardly contain yourself.  He put your names under his?!  You were blushing redder than a rotten strawberry.

The woman showed you to your seats, which was a quiet table in the corner, made for (of course) two.  A small lampshade hung over the table, but what really lit the corner were two identical candles, held in fancy holders.  They smelled like daisies in summertime.

Steve offered you a seat, and after you sat down, he pushed you in, and you giggled.  What a gentleman he was!  After he sat down, the waitress appeared again, holding out menus.  You thanked her as she hurried off, and looked at all your choices.  Suddenly, you glanced at your purse.  You didn't have any money close to these prices!  Was Steve going to pay?  Could you ask him without sounding cheap?  You started to panic, but hid behind your menu.

A hand pulled away your wall, and Steve looked at you worriedly.

"Are you feeling okay," he asked.  You flushed at shook your head sadly.

"I don't think I have enough money," you confessed.  You were half-expecting him to huff and walk out the door of the restaurant, but he just smiled.