CHAPTER 25 ~ 8 letters

Blue and red lights.

Wailing.

Uniforms.

Guns.

Tasers.

It was all a blur. Andy watched as Gabe's tear stained face disappeared down the road.

What had happened? Had someone called the police? If so then who? Why?

Andy was still stuck, even hours after Gabe was taken away. It wasn't Rye, it couldn't have been.

The hospital had released Leslye so Andy finally went him with his mum and his daughter. But even though the worst seemed to be over, he'd be returning to school tomorrow and he wasn't sure if he was in the right mindset.

It was early afternoon and despite all the time spent with them, Andy already missed the boys.

When Andy wasn't thinking about who reported Gabe, he was thinking about the boys. Don't get Andy wrong, he was ecstatic that Gabe was no longer a possibility as a threat and he did wonder what was going on in his head when he let Gabe near his daughter again... He did see Rye's reason for being so angry.

After Rye and Leslye had gotten passed formalities Andy slipped from the room and took a much needed shower. Rye and him didn't speak after that.

The sad part was that Andy wasn't sure whether he was supposed to be mad and Ryan or not. If he was being honest, he didn't even remember what the fight was about.

Fight. Rye and him had their first fight. It was almost as if they were a couple.

Speaking of, it was Valentine's day. That meant love. Also that Andy would be 17 in a couple of days- one year closer to having Luna as his and only his.

"What are you thinking about honey?" Andy's mum asked.

"A lot of stuff, like who turned in Gabe-"

"Andrew, I told you that I did that" Leslye interrupted.

"What?! No you didn't " Andy eyes were wide with surprise.

"Hmm... I could've sworn I had. He deserved it, he committed several crimes. attempted murder- kidnapping"

"I know- I just wish you would've told me" now knowing that it was his mother who did it, he felt a little guilty.

"I'm gonna go rest before I have to pick Luna up from Mikey's house" Andy said to him mum before heading towards his room.

His mind was swarming with several different things. Most revolving around Rye-

Besides his confusing feelings of anger, whether or not Rye's deserved it or not, Andy had a bigger problem... Well, not necessarily a problem.

Ever since he left to go see Gabe and to get Luna back, he's felt this weird absence within him.

The part that terrified him the most was the fact that the uncomfortable void that seemed to swallow him whole, released him completely when Rye was around.

This was a different feeling than Andy had been feeling since the beginning, besides the fluttering of his stomach and the racing of his heart. When he saw Rye... He only saw Rye.

When he saw Rye, everything seemingly fell into place. All the puzzled pieces were there, things were good.

Andy hated the feeling he got when he was away from Rye, like there was a step in their friendship that still needed to happen.

Andy was terrified of what that step was. He had a giant clue, and he was sure he was ready, but he wasn't sure how ready.

Ready enough to actually admit and commit? Possibly... But there was something that would bring on these new steps, eight letters that would put them in the next level.