CHAPTER 21 ~ wait for me

-TWO WEEKS LATER- SO FAIR WARNING! THIS CHAPTER IS IN FIRST PERSON BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT'S a lot BETTER THIS WAY BECAUSE IT FOCUSES ON ANDY ALL THE WAY THROUGH. SO I NORMALLY WOULDN'T DO THIS BUT I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL WRITER WHICH MEANS I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT!

I was sat at his mother's bedside. The doctors put her in a medically induced coma for some reason that I had totally forgotten. I wasn't completely sure what My feelings about anything was at the moment. Or what they had been for the last month or so.

I'd be 17 in just five short days and I wasn't sure how well I'd feel when the time came, it was horrible timing. I wanted to be 18 as soon as possible for Luna, but I'd always live in fear of Gabriel until he was caught.

"Mum, if you're listening... I'm so sorry that all this happened. I keep thinking that if I had somehow gotten to you fast enough or if I would have been around to greet you when you got home it would be me here instead of you" my small fingers gripped her pale hand tightly.

"I want so badly to be in your place but I know that it wouldn't be fair to you or Luna or anyone else. Rye has been amazing, he hasn't gone home yet and I'm sure he's dying for a good night's sleep in his own bed. No one wants to sleep in uncomfortable chairs for weeks straight. Luna is getting restless because she hates the cribs they have in the nursery here."

"I've been talking to Mikey, and when you wake up we are going to put her in a different daycare. It turns out she's been speaking almost full sentences for a couple months now and they never told me. Gabe hasn't made any other moves... but I'm not naive enough to believe that he has or whatever" I stopped and looked up when the door creaked open.

"Sorry to interrupt," Mikey said as he stood in the entrance.

"It's alright" I nodded, gathering my thoughts. "Did you need something?"

"um...I've finally convinced Rye to go home for at least a few hours, but he wants to say bye first" Mikey said, walking forward.

"Wait... you actually convinced him to go home?" I asked in bewilderment.

"Well yeah, but he won't leave unless you say goodbye," Mikey said, I nodded and got out of the seat, following Mikey. When we came upon the nursery, Rye walked straight to me gathering me in a hug.

"I'll be back tomorrow afternoon. If it were my choice I would be back sooner... actually, I wouldn't leave at all. I know if I come back sooner than mid-afternoon Mikey would just send me home again. So I demand that you keep me updated on the progress of your mum, if you need me I'm only one call away"

"You'll be there to save the day?" I snickered at my Charlie Puth reference, trying to lighten the mood. I was so tired of everything being so dark, heavy, and depressing. Despite my past I wasn't used to it.

"You damn right" Rye laughed, kissing the top of my head, sending heat into my cheeks. There was another thing I wasn't sure of, My feelings for Rye.

"Anyway, Robbie's here and he made reservations for us at some restaurant so I better go," Rye said, releasing me from his embrace. I was tempted to hug him again, I didn't want him to ever let me go in a way.

"Go, have fun. I'll still be here when you get back" I said softly after seeing the hesitancy in Rye's steps of retreat.

"Are you sure. Because I don't have to go, I can stay an-"

"Rye, I'll be fine. I promise. Besides, I have a feeling things can only get better from here" I reassured with a bright smile. I watched as a slightly smaller one broke out over Rye's angelic features, sending my heart into a tidal wave of fluttering beats.