Chapter Eighteen

" I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier

I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist

Like it doesn't exist

I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night, feel my tears as they dry

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier.."

It was the end of the school day. To avoid being bother I had my headphones in, music blasting. 

I made my way through the large crowd, walking down the block. A familiar face waved to me. I waved back .      

Now, I never said that I wasn't friendly . A small wave wouldn't kill me.

The bus stop appeared closer with every step I took . There were about three people standing there . I sat down next to one of Raven's minons. I couldn't remember the girl's name to save my life. She peered over at me and gave me a seldom smile. I didn't have a problem with the girl . Hell I didn't even have a problem with Raven ! Although, she doesn't look like she has much of a backbone so I guess I understand .

A midnight blue car approaches the bus stop. I paid no attention until the window came down. I brightly smiled and yanked the ear buds from my ears.

"Hey babysitter ." I exclaimed

"Need a ride?" He smiled

† † † † † † † † † † † † † †

" Haha, I been through the same thing, like when does it end."

" Thats what I said." Bradley smiled Bradley and I have been sitting on the front step of the house for at least an hour . We've been talking about everything from school to past relationships to relatives and everything else.  He really was good company and has taken my mind off of things .

"I haven't seen Thurston in a while." Bradley said

Just when I thought I could escape him...

"Yeah, he pops up here and there." I rubbed my arm

"Are you cold?" Bradley began taking off his sweater

He placed it on my shoulders like a scene out of a movie . It made me feel warm inside and out . It smelled like Versace colonge . "Kym.. I like hanging out with you." He smiled

"Like wise." I reciprocated the smile

" A lot actually."

Bradley stared into my eyes seriously . My heart went from 0 to 100 real quick.. Too quick . I just needed everything to slow down .

His face and mine got closer within every second. He kept looking from my lips to my eyes..

"Brad.."

His soft pink lips touched mine. It felt good to have an intimate touch but it wasn't from who I wanted it to be from. It angered me a little because Thurston left me. He left me to fend for myself . This is all his fault.

Bradley looked back at me and smiled. "You're beautiful." "You're not bad yourself. " I whispered            

A car was slowly pulling up. A familiar candy red car. It parked and its door flew open.

"Hey, isn't that.."

"Thurston ." I gulped

He approached Bradley and I . It wasn't his expected angry walk but he was walking as if he was nervous to come up to us.

"Hey, Thurston. How you been." Bradley jumped up and extended his hand to Thurston

Thurston reluctantly shook his hand .

"I've been better."

He ain't never lie . He looked unlike himself . His hair was tossed around, his eyes had a red rim around them and he was in same clothes that I saw him last in .

He looked over at me with tired puppy dog eyes that wanted to make me melt into his arms.

"Can we.. talk." He gestured toward the door

"Uhm." I peered over at Bradley, whom was blinded to everything that was going on

"Its fine, I should be heading home anyways." He touched my arm and kissed my cheek

It just added to the awkwardness . Thurston looked away as if he was in pain . I watched as Bradley stated up his car and drove off.

Without looking at Thurston I walked into the house and he followed suit. I sat down on the couch, and he followed behind me. He was standing in front me , blocking my view .

I rolled my hands and threw my hands up. "What..what.?" I exasperatedly asked

"You .. you move quick," he laughed " Bradley's a uhm.. nice guy..his daddy got money.."

I screwed up my face. Was this really all he had to say? Like what was he talking about?        

"So you staying or you're leaving again, 'cause you know, that's your specialty ." I laughed sarcastically

"Mary Jane.."

"Kym, will be just fine thank you."

He pierced his lips and looked hurt. Good, because I was hurting too. I am hurting too .

"I wanna stay.. with you." He whispered

"I don't understand why you think you can pop up in and out of my life. I don't understand why the first thing that came out of your mouth was something about Bradley. I don't understand why you think you can make me feel the way that I feel !" I shouted

Hr hastily sat down next to me and gripped my hand. I looked down at our hands and trapped a tear inside of my eye.

"I have issues, Kym."

"I do too, and you're one of them." I slid my hand out of his         

"What does that mean?" He got up I stood up as well, taking a stand for myself .

"It means that you can't hurt me anymore. I won't allow you to hurt me any more." My voice cracked

He had short lived laughs . He was looking around the room, flexing his muscles .

"So, Bradley is better for you than me. That's what you're saying?' He began you get loud

"Fuck a Bradley ! I wanted to love you ! Not him ! You make it so damn hard to love you and it is killing me, Thurston.. Its killing me, week by week, day by day and I can't live like this no more." Tears streamed down my face. Hot, salty tears.

Thurston's face turned red as if he was holding something in. He brushed past me and went for the door. I turned around and watched him leave.

"This is the last time I walk out of your life , Kym ."

And with that he was gone. Forever. Never to return. Forever out of my life. Forever out of his. Forever out of each other's .