Chapter 11

Grant's POV: 

“Grant you were fantastic! Wanna practice lines in your trailer?” Camille asked.

“Can’t, I’m hanging out with a friend and I promised Chris I would help him write songs for our next album.” I said walking a little faster.

“Who’s the friend?” She slipped her arms around mine and I abruptly stopped, forcing her to let go.

“A very good friend.” I said walking around her annoyed self.

“It’s not that local girl? She is so drab. Why would a stud like you like her?” Camille tried to slip her arms around mine again but failed.

“That stud is the old me and I like her. So back off Camille. We will never be a thing. All the money in the world wouldn’t even get me to spend a free moment with you so excuse me I want to get to my music trailer.” I opened the door to my music trailer and closed the door quickly.

Asher sat next to Chris plucking a guitar while quietly singing something. She was so cute how she got lost in a song. Chris smiled and wrote whatever she sang down.

“Grant! She needs to sing on our new album. She is not only an amazing songwriter but an amazing singer. Sing him what you just wrote.” Chris started to strum his guitar. Asher blushed but proceeded.

“You don’t just see my shell, you see right through my personal Hell. Everything tells me to forget you but I can’t seem to. What should I do, what should I do, what should I do? I’m falling for you!”

Her voice was sweet and melodious. She was an amazingly talented girl.

“We don’t have to do a parody of When Hearts Collide. We wrote four songs! We can start recording after you get back to LA and have an early release date!” Chris was excited about finishing early. It just meant early vacation for us. “But Asher here has to sing in one of these songs.”

“No, I’m good. I can just hear it when the cd is released.” Asher waved her hands to ward off any suggestions of her singing to anyone besides Chris and me.

“Ash, you were amazing. You need to use your talent.” I said sitting down next to her. “Besides we’re giving you credit for the songs that you wrote with Chris. Might as well sing.”

“My normal life will be lost if I sing.” She said running her hand through her hair.

“You don’t have to you know?” I said nudging her knee with mine. “So anyone want pizza? I can order in.”

“Yah! That sounds great.” Asher said placing her guitar down on its stand.

“Nah, I made plans. I’ll catch you two later.” Chris got up looking at his phone.

“With who?” I asked.

“Remember that blonde from the club in San Diego? We really clicked.” Chris opened the door and walked out. 

“What blonde?” Asher asked getting up from her seat.

“I think her name was Rachel. She was a really sweet girl. Chris had fallen head over heels for her the minute we walked into the club. Halfway through the night she came up to us and asked me to dance. Chris was ticked but didn’t stop me from going. While dancing she told me she was actually going to ask Chris but chickened out. Then she asked me if I could ask him to dance with her for her.”

“What did you do?” Asher sat in the drummer’s seat and spun around a few times.

“I took her hand and pulled her over to Chris and had him take over. She apparently told him about her chickening out because he wouldn’t stop talking about it. I finally kicked him out of the hotel room so I could sleep.” I laughed remembering him banging on the door to let him in. He kept saying that there were fans out in the hall and that they were coming after him. When I did finally let him I saw that he was telling the truth.

“So how about that pizza. We could maybe grab a slice on the way back to my house. My dad wants me home soon anyways.” She tapped her fingers on one of the drums and looked at me.

I nodded and stood up. I held out my hand and pulled her to me when she took it. She gasped a bit and blushed at the sudden closeness. I smirked playfully at her and kissed her softly. She didn’t move away so I did to tease her. She smacked my arm lightly and glared at me.

“What was that for Angel?” I asked rubbing my arm.

“For pulling away. Like that.” She glared.

“Oh you liked it.” I said pulling her back to me.

“Maybe.” She shrugged and slipped out of my grip. She rushed to the door and waited for me to follow.

I drove her home after stealing a few more kisses. We picked up pizza and took it to her house. Her father opened the door before we made it out of the car.

“Dad, I brought pizza. Want any?” Asher asked walking up the front steps.

“Who’s your friend?” He looked at me.

“Hello sir. I’m Grant Clarence. It’s nice to meet you.” I stuck my hand out for him to shake. He took it and shook it with a nod.

“Asher, are you dating him?” He asked letting my hand drop.

“Well, sorta. He just asked me out today.” She rubbed the back of her neck.

“You and I are going to have a little chat soon.” Asher’s dad looked at me. I felt fear rush in. I have never been afraid of someone other than when I got my dad upset once.

“Yes, sir.” I said looking down at the grass. My phone buzzed and I pulled it out.

Director: Need you on set to re-due a scene. Camille doesn’t like how she looks.

Me: She never likes how she looks. Be there soon.

“Hey Ash I have to head back to the set. Camille wants to do a scene over. I’ll text you later alright?” I asked Asher. She nodded and I turned back to her father. “Have a good night sir.” With that I was off.