Chapter 5

(A/N: Hey guys!!!! Please spread this story around. Comment who your favorite character is and who you think should play Rodger. And this song off to the side popped up in my head when Asher starts to open up to Grant. Comment, vote, share it would meana lot to me. -Storywriter19) 

 Grant's POV:

Have you ever been hit so hard that it feels like your heart is beating in the area where you were hit? Yah my cheek was like that. I didn’t like the idea of Asher staying in that house with her dad, but I couldn’t do anything to stop her. No wonder she was so hard to open up, she was always dealing with crap like that at home.

Anyways, we were now sitting on a park bench eating. We hadn’t spoken since we reached the sandwich shop. Half of me wanted to talk to her but the other half kept reminding me that she doesn’t like talking.

“What do you have to say?” She asked. I watched her take a bite of her club.

“What do you me?” I asked scratching my neck.

“I’ve noticed that when you want to say something but don’t, you rub your face or neck.” She simply stated making put my hand down.

“Well what do you like to do?” I asked.

She looked up at me suspiciously and then, “I like to write.”

“About?” I lightly pushed.

“Stuff.” She had a mischievous gleam in her eyes.

“Wow, that specific.” I laughed. “But seriously, are you any good?”

“No.” The gleam was gone.

“Code for you’re good.” I smiled. She glared at me.

“No I suck. My plots have holes; I never finish any of them, and the characters never seem witty or fun.” She looked angrily at her sandwich.

“Probably not true.” I flicked a flower petal off of my lap. The trees were so gorgeous in the spring.

“Well you wouldn’t know.” She countered.

“Which means you should let me read one.” I said making her eyes connect with mine.

“What no! If I don’t open up to you why would I let you read a story of mine?”

“It was just a suggestion, Angel.” I said smiling as she glared.

“Stop calling me Angel.” She said.

“Why? You’re my guardian angel. You saved me.” I said nudging her a bit.

“I’m about to save you again.” She said pulling me with her as she stood up and took off towards the car. Then I heard the screams. With our sandwiches in one hand and our hands holding each others, we bolted for the car. By instinct I jumped into the driver’s side as Asher rushed to the other side and got in. She tossed me the keys and we quickly sped off. “All of that over you.” She gasped.