Chapter 9

(A/N: See guys this one is longer!!! Poor Asher!!!! -Storywriter19)

Asher's POV:

“Hope to see you at the finish line…” I sang on my way to school. I was listening to sad songs apparently even though my mood was the opposite. Right now I was listening to Turn Right by the Jonas Brothers. I had learned how to play it on guitar a while ago and I wondered if I still could.

I reached school and pulled into my usual spot. I popped in my earbuds and put Turn Right on. What can I say? I was obsessed. I walked to my locker getting jostled around by some jocks. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked to see Maddie, a cheerleader, was standing next to my locker. I pulled one earbud out and looked at her expectantly.

“You were with Grant this weekend, right?” She asked. Still remembering Grant’s warning I shook my head no.  “Lots of people saw you two. So you can’t deny it Asher.”

“I wasn’t with him.” I said focusing back on grabbing books.

“Was Chris with you? He’s so hot!” She gushed, not believing me. “But I have to warn you. Grant has a reputation. In LA, he’s known as the heart breaker. The ladies’ man.”

“Why are you telling me this?” I asked.

“Because I remember the time we were still friends. I still care about you Asher and I don’t want to see you hurt.” She said walking away. Maddie and I use to be best friends. Then my mom left and my dad slowly started to become what he is today and her parents didn’t want me near her. We drifted after that. She hadn’t talked to me since the sixth grade and we were seniors.

He’s known as the heart breaker.

Her words filter through to me slowly and then I realized that I was putting myself up for heart break. Not again. Not with him. I could prevent it. His lips barely touching mine flashed in my mind and I became angry at myself for letting him get that close.

“Not this time.” I growled and rushed to my first class.

The rest of the day, I sat in my classes thinking about Grant. He didn’t really seem like a player. Other than the closeness last night he hasn’t tried anything on me. My anger cooled down and my rationality came back. I had to give Grant a chance to explain this. That is if I saw him again.

Kids glanced at me as the rumors spread around school. Some girls glared, others looked like the wanted to be me, and the guys looked at me like I was new meat. I rushed out of school and sighed when I reached home. I threw my books on the floor and collapsed on my bed. Then the dang doorbell ruined my peaceful rest.

“Yah?” I asked opening the door quickly.

“How was school Angel?” Grant asked smiling genuinely at me. Him being here made everything better. Wait what?

“It was……..school.” I said ushering him in.

“I was thinking since we have spent a lot of time here that maybe you would want to see the set.” He looked a little shy while asking me. Was THE Grant Clarence getting butterflies?