Swan Song (Part 1)

On April 21, 1967, the 100 millionth GM vehicle rolled off the line at the plant in Jamesville. A two door Caprice. There was a big ceremony, speeches. The lieutenant governor even showed up. Three days later, another car rolled off that same line. No one gave two craps about her. But they should have. Because this 1967 Chevrolet Impala would turn out to be the most important car- in fact, the most important object, in pretty much the whole universe. She was first owned by sal moriarty an alcoholic with two ex-wives and three blocked arteries. On weekends he'd drive around giving bibles to the poor. "Getting folks right for judgment day." That's what he'd said. Sam and Dean don't know any of this but if they did I bet they'd smile. After Sal died she ended up at rainbow motors, a used car lot in Lawrence, where a young marine bought her on impulse...that is after a little advice from a friend. I guess that where the begins. And here's where it ends....

Our plan is to let Sam say yes. Dean is backing the play. That surprised me beyond comprehension. Protecting his brother has been Dean's life goal since birth. Now we have gallons of demon blood in the trunk of the impala. Sam is gonna have to drink more than he ever has before... I don't like it. But it's the way it has to be.

Detroit... that's where we're headed. My brother is in detroit. Cas is asleep in the back seat with me. Sam talked to Dean. "You gotta promise me something. You gotta promise not to bring me back..." Sam said. "What? No, I didn't sign up for that. Your hell is gonna make my trip seem like graceland. And you want me to just sit by and do nothing. NO AS IF I'M JUST GONNA LET YOU ROT IN THERE!" Dean ranted. "Dean you don't have a choice. I'm sorry. you have to..." Sam said sadly. "What am I supposed to do?" Dean asked. I decided to jump in. "You find Lisa... Pray to Dad she's dumb enough to take you in. You have barbeques, and go to football games. You go live some normal apple pie life Dean." I said from the back. He stopped the car and turned around to look at me. "What about you huh? I can't leave you too Eddie!" Dean said. "Dean-o you deserve a real good, NORMAL life... I am the opposite of normal." I smiled. "How could you say that? You think this is easy for me?!?! I'm losing a brother now I gotta lose my best friend?!?!" Dean shouted. "DEAN I'M ABOUT TO LOSE A BROTHER TOO! I'm about to lose both of my best friends. I understand how hard it is but you have to! We don't gotta choice." I said tears forming in my eyes. It wasn't until I said it out loud that I realized how terrible what's about to happen truly is. I'm about to lose my brother and both Winchesters in one day. The simple life I have grown to love so much will be gone no matter what happens. I'm about to lose everything but I don't have a choice. "Eden's right Dean... Promise me. that's what your gonna do... Promise me!" Sam said. Dean hesitated for a second but ultimately accepted. After all It's his brothers final wish.   

I looked at the building that my brother resided. Warding covered the outside. It was specially designed for me. I couldn't get in. The boys were on their own. Sam said his goodbyes. He hugged Bobby. Told Cas to take care of us. And told me to make it all better. Then he turned to dean... "You mind not watching this?" He asked dean. Once dean was out of his sights Sam began to gorge on demon blood. "Alright let's go." They went into the building with my brother. Now we just wait...

TIME SKIP*

The impala of course has all the things other cars have and a few they don't. But none of that stuffs important. This is the stuff that's important. The army man that sam crammed in the ashtray. It's still stuck there. The legos that dean shoved into the vents, to this day, heat comes on they can hear 'em rattle. These are the things that make  the car theirs. Really theirs. Even when Dean rebuilt her from the ground up he made sure all these little things stayed. Cause it's the blemishes that make her beautiful. The devil doesn't know or care what kinda car the boys drive... 

After a few minutes I heard Dean's prayer. Lucifer knows about the rings. Sam still said yes... He lost. Luci had his vessel. the Apocalypse was happening and I had no power to stop it. Luci was right.. It would always happen in detroit. Bobby and Cas have given up all hope. But me and Dean... We are gonna stop this we gotta. We gotta save our brothers.

In between jobs Sam and dean would sometimes get a day. A week if they were lucky. They'd  pass the time lining their pockets. Sam used to insist on honest work but now he hustles pool like his brother. They could go anywhere and do anything. They drove 1000 miles for an Ozzy show. Two days for a Jayhawks game. When it was clear. They'd park her in the middle of nowhere sit on the hood and watch the stars for hours without saying a word. It never occurred to them that maybe they never had a roof and four walls... But they were never in fact homeless.  

The prophet Chuck told us where the final battle takes place. It's tomorrow high noon at Stull Cemetery right outside of Lawrence Kansas. It all ends where it started. We have to try and stop this. I can't let either of my brothers die. I can't. Or at least I can't let 'em die alone....