Part 17

Chapter Seventeen

The sound of wings caught my ears and I looked over to the source. Parro, Angelic, and another winged 'creation' were coming in our direction. I sighed and got out of the pool. Darien followed me and started to help me dry my wings. Normally I would fly twice around the the building spreading my wings wide as I did. But I could not do that right now in my condition.

"Forgive the intrusion my lady, we just wished to see how you were." Parro honored me and walked forward. Like always he had simple slacks that Darien offered him and a modified white button down shirt. It was modified by cutting two slits in the back for his wings, and I added magnetic snaps towards the bottom of the shirt to hold the slits closed. "You look so much better today."

"I do feel better today, thank you." I looked at the new arrival. "And who is this?"

"Oh, let me introduce Sky. He has volunteer to be a messenger for you. Sky?" Parro gestured for Sky to step forward and present himself before me. Sky took one look at me and blushed. Was it the swimsuit that caused the blush or just my appearance?

He looked younger than me and even shier. He had golden wings with equally gold hair. His skin was dark as if he spent a lot of time in the sun before he was changed. His eyes were sky blue which fits his name. He wore surfer board shorts and no shirt. I am going to really have to design some outfits for those who have wings. A messenger bag crossed his shoulders which looks to be able to detach from a closer in the front.

Sky placed his hand over his heart and bowed his head to me. "It is an honor to meet you. I have heard of your beauty, but none of their descriptions did you justice." His blush grew more profound.

"He's right you know. No one could capture your beauty with mere words." Darien whispered into my ear which made me smile.

"Did you bring any messages for me?" I wanted to get off that subject before there was more declarations of my beauty.

"All are well my lady. All honor you and thank you for showing them their true purpose in the world." Another bow of his head with his hand never leaving his heart.

"I only showed them the light, they were the ones who walk to it and embraced it. I feel honored by their choice."

Angelic walked timidly to me and took my hands. "Parro told me what happened yesterday. Was he speaking true? Are you...?" I nodded to her with a great big smile on my face. She hugged me fiercely. "Oh my lady, that is the most wondrous of news."

"What has happened?" Sky weakly ask to anyone who would hear. It sounded like he did not know if it was his place to ask or not. He was just curious.

"Something that I never thought I could be when I had my accident years ago. Rejoice Sky for I am to be a mother." Sky's eyes grew wide and happy. He ran over and hugged me too like a cute little teenager. He must have just got out of high school when he was changed.

Both Sky and Angelic stopped hugging me after a few moments, and looked worryingly at me from an arm's length away. Angelic held one of my arms while Sky had my other. "My lady you are starting to get hot." I was also becoming dizzy, and I started to swoon. Darien instantly scooped me up into his arms with her declaration and took me back into the pool. He sat down on the steps with me on his lap and started to pour the cool water onto my forehead. My head leaned on his shoulder and kept my eyes closed for him.

"She gets dizzy when she is hot." He poured more water along my neck and chest. I felt wind on me and heard the movement of wings. I was cooling down now nicely. My pants slowed and deepened to regular breathes.

"Was it our fault?" Angelic sounded so guilty.

"No, Angelic. It was not your fault." I told her as I felt so much better. "I just got overwhelmed that's all." I opened my eyes and looked at Darien. He looked so worried about my dizzy spells. He continued to pour water on me, so I touched his hand before he could pour more on me. "I'm better now, thank you."